Citizens want community protected
VANCLEAVE — Some Vancleave residents want official borders protecting their community.
According to WLOX-TV, they held a rally April 10 to discuss making Vancleave its own city. This movement started three years ago when Vancleave residents saw their community lay in the path of Jackson County growth.
Recent news that Ocean Springs could annex the land surrounding the Preserve Golf Course, that currently has a Vancleave address, has citizens concerned.
Committee members say they have poured $45,000 in donated funds into a feasibility study on incorporation. Slaughter and Associates, a Jackson-based company, is conducting the study, which residents said is one-third complete.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Jackson to get C Spire's high-speed internet
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- New York firm buying majority interest in Tupelo mall, shopping center
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force