Citizens want community protected
VANCLEAVE — Some Vancleave residents want official borders protecting their community.
According to WLOX-TV, they held a rally April 10 to discuss making Vancleave its own city. This movement started three years ago when Vancleave residents saw their community lay in the path of Jackson County growth.
Recent news that Ocean Springs could annex the land surrounding the Preserve Golf Course, that currently has a Vancleave address, has citizens concerned.
Committee members say they have poured $45,000 in donated funds into a feasibility study on incorporation. Slaughter and Associates, a Jackson-based company, is conducting the study, which residents said is one-third complete.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House