Citizens want community protected
VANCLEAVE — Some Vancleave residents want official borders protecting their community.
According to WLOX-TV, they held a rally April 10 to discuss making Vancleave its own city. This movement started three years ago when Vancleave residents saw their community lay in the path of Jackson County growth.
Recent news that Ocean Springs could annex the land surrounding the Preserve Golf Course, that currently has a Vancleave address, has citizens concerned.
Committee members say they have poured $45,000 in donated funds into a feasibility study on incorporation. Slaughter and Associates, a Jackson-based company, is conducting the study, which residents said is one-third complete.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Cannabis for the rest of us
- MARTY WISEMAN: The current racial strife and the failure to educate
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- BILL CRAWFORD: Boyce takes hot spot as IHL commissioner
- Planters Bank promotes at 3 locations
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Real Estate Forum panelists: Lenders, investors hungry for deals on residential rentals in Miss., elsewhere
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast