Citizens want community protected
VANCLEAVE — Some Vancleave residents want official borders protecting their community.
According to WLOX-TV, they held a rally April 10 to discuss making Vancleave its own city. This movement started three years ago when Vancleave residents saw their community lay in the path of Jackson County growth.
Recent news that Ocean Springs could annex the land surrounding the Preserve Golf Course, that currently has a Vancleave address, has citizens concerned.
Committee members say they have poured $45,000 in donated funds into a feasibility study on incorporation. Slaughter and Associates, a Jackson-based company, is conducting the study, which residents said is one-third complete.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal