Hood gives go-ahead to healthcare lawsuit
by Associated Press
Published: April 12,2010
Gov. Haley Barbour says he intends to join the lawsuit when the lead state, Florida, amends its original court filing. It’s not clear when that might happen.
In late March, Barbour asked Hood to sue on behalf of Mississippi. Hood originally said the governor needed the attorney general’s permission to file suit. Hood gave that clearance that Friday.
Meanwhile Friday, Republican Lt. Gov. Phil Bryant — acting as a private citizen — joined a separate lawsuit challenging the federal health law. That suit was filed by a state senator in federal court in Hattiesburg.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- With no interim, board begins hunt for MVSU president
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Supervisors to talk with trustees about selling hospital
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- WOODS: Time to put gloves on for handgrabbing
- The link between education and economic development