HORNE gets new communications system
JACKSON — Smoothstone, in partnership with Logista, has provided a unified IP communications solution for HORNE, LLP. Terms were not disclosed.
“After discovering that our three-year-old call management network required a significant system upgrade, we were not prepared for the expense and complexity associated with the effort,” said Dave Bufkin, director of IT for HORNE. “We wanted a more reliable communications solution, but needed someone else to manage it.”
Both Logista and Smoothstone worked with HORNE to design a managed, Cisco-based network infrastructure that delivered greater control to HORNE while mitigating the IT resources required to support the infrastructure. With the solution in place, HORNE was able to take full advantage of the benefits of working over IP, such as fully managed VoIP to the desktop, intelligent call routing, a hosted contact center and advanced, unified threat management.
Most importantly, the solution was integrated across HORNE’s MPLS network infrastructure, and backed by Smoothstone’s 24/7 Network Operations Center (NOC). The team’s Cisco-certified engineers now act as an extension to HORNE’s existing IT staff, allowing them to focus more on core business initiatives and worry less about problems with their communications network.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
5 Responses to “HORNE gets new communications system”
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- State granted delay in implementing teacher evaluations
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term