HORNE gets new communications system
JACKSON — Smoothstone, in partnership with Logista, has provided a unified IP communications solution for HORNE, LLP. Terms were not disclosed.
“After discovering that our three-year-old call management network required a significant system upgrade, we were not prepared for the expense and complexity associated with the effort,” said Dave Bufkin, director of IT for HORNE. “We wanted a more reliable communications solution, but needed someone else to manage it.”
Both Logista and Smoothstone worked with HORNE to design a managed, Cisco-based network infrastructure that delivered greater control to HORNE while mitigating the IT resources required to support the infrastructure. With the solution in place, HORNE was able to take full advantage of the benefits of working over IP, such as fully managed VoIP to the desktop, intelligent call routing, a hosted contact center and advanced, unified threat management.
Most importantly, the solution was integrated across HORNE’s MPLS network infrastructure, and backed by Smoothstone’s 24/7 Network Operations Center (NOC). The team’s Cisco-certified engineers now act as an extension to HORNE’s existing IT staff, allowing them to focus more on core business initiatives and worry less about problems with their communications network.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
5 Responses to “HORNE gets new communications system”
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Williams Brothers General Store is something to count on
- Firm adds Brian T. Alexander
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job