On2Locate receives more Seed money
RIDGELAND — Mississippi Technology Alliance (MTA) president and CEO Tony Jeff announced that On2Locate Inc. of Ridgeland has received a second-round New Venture Development investment from the Mississippi Seed Fund.
MTA awarded $100,000 to On2Locate to finalize launch of the company’s product, SilverFox Link. SilverFox Link is a medical alert personal emergency response system with benefits far greater than similar products on the market today.
The company achieved all goals and milestones in their first round of funding, including development and completion of a working prototype of the SilverFox Link device, which made them eligible for second-round funding.
“We are honored to receive this second round Seed Fund investment from MTA,” said Owen P. Lalor, CEO of On2Locate. “It is assuring to know that MTA, our governor and the Mississippi Legislature support and encourage companies like On2Locate in the development of innovative products for the Mississippi and national markets.”
The Mississippi Seed Fund, managed by MTA, was established by the Mississippi Legislature to provide high-tech start-up companies with access to pre-seed financing, early stage risk capital and product development capital to accelerate the development of high-performance, innovation-based business ventures in Mississippi. Recipients must have a cash match from accredited investors to obtain funding.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “On2Locate receives more Seed money”
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Doctor's murder-for-hire case postponed, mental evaluation pending
- ACLU could sue over state's new school prayer law
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Hatchery releases largemouth bass fingerlings in three rivers
- Bill exempting small farms from fuel storage regs passes Senate
- John Fletcher joins Jones Walker