Hosemann fines charity operator
RIDGELAND — The Secretary of State’s Office has ordered the Fine Arts Institute of Mississippi to stop soliciting money in the state and fined the group and executive director Billy Murphy $25,000 each.
According to The Clarion Ledger, the $50,000 in fines are to be paid within 30 days of the order.
The Ridgeland-based charity operated Boxcar Bingo in Olive Branch — FAIM’s primary funding source — until the state Mississippi Gaming Commission shut down the operation for reasons very similar to those raised in the Secretary of State Office’s investigation.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- Nullification and interposition
- TROTTER: Social security claiming strategies
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- Court rules in clinic dispute involving St. Dominic, HMA
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta