Katrina insurance lawsuit settlement reached
LONG BEACH — United Services Automobile Association Insurance has settled with a Long Beach couple in a lawsuit over hurricane wind damage.
Biloxi attorney Judy Guice, who represents Margaret and Magruder S. Corban of Long Beach, told The Sun Herald that the settlement was reached. She declined to discuss the details.
The case had been scheduled for trial this week in Harrison County Circuit Court.
Last October, the Mississippi Supreme Court ruled that insurance companies must cover damage from a hurricane’s wind even if the home is later inundated by storm surge.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
3 Responses to “Katrina insurance lawsuit settlement reached”
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Nullification and interposition
- Court rules in clinic dispute involving St. Dominic, HMA
- TROTTER: Social security claiming strategies
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Commission eyeing unauthorized changes to historic structures
- With no interim, board begins hunt for MVSU president
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district