Airport signs agreement with Panamanians
GULFPORT — An agreement between airports in Panama and Gulfport should open the door to international cargo flying through south Mississippi.
Officials with the Gulfport-Biloxi International Airport and Tocumen International Airport in Panama signed an agreement Thursday.
Local officials say the agreement will allow international cargo to be flown into Gulfport airport, where it will be stored and transported out of an air cargo facility.
Officials say they also will encourage private sector investment in the project, while promoting trade and tourism in the two areas.
A delegation from Panama will spend the next few days meeting with agencies and businesses associated with logistics, higher education, agriculture, security and aquaculture.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Airport signs agreement with Panamanians”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation