Airport signs agreement with Panamanians
GULFPORT — An agreement between airports in Panama and Gulfport should open the door to international cargo flying through south Mississippi.
Officials with the Gulfport-Biloxi International Airport and Tocumen International Airport in Panama signed an agreement Thursday.
Local officials say the agreement will allow international cargo to be flown into Gulfport airport, where it will be stored and transported out of an air cargo facility.
Officials say they also will encourage private sector investment in the project, while promoting trade and tourism in the two areas.
A delegation from Panama will spend the next few days meeting with agencies and businesses associated with logistics, higher education, agriculture, security and aquaculture.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Airport signs agreement with Panamanians”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency