Airport signs agreement with Panamanians
GULFPORT — An agreement between airports in Panama and Gulfport should open the door to international cargo flying through south Mississippi.
Officials with the Gulfport-Biloxi International Airport and Tocumen International Airport in Panama signed an agreement Thursday.
Local officials say the agreement will allow international cargo to be flown into Gulfport airport, where it will be stored and transported out of an air cargo facility.
Officials say they also will encourage private sector investment in the project, while promoting trade and tourism in the two areas.
A delegation from Panama will spend the next few days meeting with agencies and businesses associated with logistics, higher education, agriculture, security and aquaculture.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Airport signs agreement with Panamanians”
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders