Airport signs agreement with Panamanians
GULFPORT — An agreement between airports in Panama and Gulfport should open the door to international cargo flying through south Mississippi.
Officials with the Gulfport-Biloxi International Airport and Tocumen International Airport in Panama signed an agreement Thursday.
Local officials say the agreement will allow international cargo to be flown into Gulfport airport, where it will be stored and transported out of an air cargo facility.
Officials say they also will encourage private sector investment in the project, while promoting trade and tourism in the two areas.
A delegation from Panama will spend the next few days meeting with agencies and businesses associated with logistics, higher education, agriculture, security and aquaculture.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Airport signs agreement with Panamanians”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant