Airport signs agreement with Panamanians
GULFPORT — An agreement between airports in Panama and Gulfport should open the door to international cargo flying through south Mississippi.
Officials with the Gulfport-Biloxi International Airport and Tocumen International Airport in Panama signed an agreement Thursday.
Local officials say the agreement will allow international cargo to be flown into Gulfport airport, where it will be stored and transported out of an air cargo facility.
Officials say they also will encourage private sector investment in the project, while promoting trade and tourism in the two areas.
A delegation from Panama will spend the next few days meeting with agencies and businesses associated with logistics, higher education, agriculture, security and aquaculture.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Airport signs agreement with Panamanians”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Baker Donelson's David A. Rueff Jr. co-authors guide
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects