Barbour signs transportation bill
JACKSON — Gov. Haley Barbour has signed a bill authorizing more than $300 million in bonds to finance highways, bridges and other transportation projects.
It includes $90 million to improve highways leading to a Toyota plant that has been built, but not yet opened, near Blue Springs in Northeast Mississippi. Barbour calls Toyota roads “very, very important.”
The bill has $100 million to repair or replace state highway bridges, $20 million for local bridges and $20 million for county roads.
It also funds improvements to U.S. 49 near Camp Shelby south of Hattiesburg, and to build new interchanges at the camp’s north and south gates.
A commission made up of the governor, the treasurer and the attorney general will vote later on issuing the bonds.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Barbour signs transportation bill”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment