Board recommends school district takeover
INDIANOLA — An education board has recommended state officials take over the Sunflower County School District.
The action was recommended April 9 by the Mississippi Commission on School Accreditation. Its recommendation goes to the state Board of Education.
If the Board of Education agrees, officials would ask the governor to declare an emergency, which would lead to the takeover.
The Clarion-Ledger reports that officials have cited the school district with safety problems, noncompliance with federal regulations and hiring and budget questions.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public