Board recommends school district takeover
INDIANOLA — An education board has recommended state officials take over the Sunflower County School District.
The action was recommended April 9 by the Mississippi Commission on School Accreditation. Its recommendation goes to the state Board of Education.
If the Board of Education agrees, officials would ask the governor to declare an emergency, which would lead to the takeover.
The Clarion-Ledger reports that officials have cited the school district with safety problems, noncompliance with federal regulations and hiring and budget questions.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Cannabis for the rest of us
- MARTY WISEMAN: The current racial strife and the failure to educate
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- BILL CRAWFORD: Boyce takes hot spot as IHL commissioner
- Planters Bank promotes at 3 locations
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Real Estate Forum panelists: Lenders, investors hungry for deals on residential rentals in Miss., elsewhere
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast