Volkswagen’s quarterly sales soar
Published: April 16,2010
BERLIN — Volkswagen AG says its worldwide deliveries were up by nearly a quarter in the first three months of this year as the car market rebounded in many regions.
The company said today that its brands delivered 1.73 million cars in the first quarter — an increase of 24.6 percent over a year earlier.
Europe’s largest automaker said first-quarter sales were up nearly 61 percent in China to 457,300 cars and 37.2 percent in the U.S. to 80,000. European sales were up 13.5 percent to 837,100.
The Volkswagen group includes units such as Audi, Skoda and Seat.
VW board member Christian Klingler said that there are “clear signs of a revival on the overall passenger car market” in may regions but that “we still expect this to be a tough year.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- Severstal completes the sale of Columbus plant to Steel Dynamics
- Another marker going up on Mississippi Country Music Trail
- Researchers fly drone into hurricane for the first time
- House votes for transfer of Yellow Creek Port land to state
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner