Volkswagen’s quarterly sales soar
by Associated Press
Published: April 16,2010
BERLIN — Volkswagen AG says its worldwide deliveries were up by nearly a quarter in the first three months of this year as the car market rebounded in many regions.
The company said today that its brands delivered 1.73 million cars in the first quarter — an increase of 24.6 percent over a year earlier.
Europe’s largest automaker said first-quarter sales were up nearly 61 percent in China to 457,300 cars and 37.2 percent in the U.S. to 80,000. European sales were up 13.5 percent to 837,100.
The Volkswagen group includes units such as Audi, Skoda and Seat.
VW board member Christian Klingler said that there are “clear signs of a revival on the overall passenger car market” in may regions but that “we still expect this to be a tough year.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Doctor's murder-for-hire case postponed, mental evaluation pending
- ACLU could sue over state's new school prayer law
- Bill exempting small farms from fuel storage regs passes Senate
- Hatchery releases largemouth bass fingerlings in three rivers
- John Fletcher joins Jones Walker