Barbour makes board appointments
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 19,2010
Gov. Haley Barbour has appointed Bill Ryan Tabb of Cleveland to the state Soybean Promotion Board and reappointed James H. Clayton of Indianola to the State Board of Banking Review.
Tabb is owner and operator of Tabb Farms. He was named Mississippi Farm Bureau Young Farmer of the Year in 2006 and Bolivar County’s Young Farmer of the Year in 2005 and 2006. He is the current chairman of the soybean program and state board member of the Mississippi Farm Bureau. He also serves as a board member of the Delta Council.
Tabb has served as president, vice president and young farmer and rancher chairman of the Bolivar County Farm Bureau. He graduated from Mississippi State University and serves on the school’s Agriculture Alumni Board.
He and his wife, Leslie, have two children, Collins and Annsley.
Clayton has worked for 34 years as chairman and CEO of Planters Bank and Trust Co. He is a board member for the Federal Home Loan Bank of Dallas and served as the past chairman of the Mississippi Bankers Association.
He is past president of the Rotary Club of Indianola, past chairman of the Indianola Chamber of Commerce and past board member and officer of the Delta Council.
Clayton earned his bachelor’s degree and master’s of business administration degree from Mississippi State University. He also attended the Louisiana State University School of Banking.
He and his wife, Ellen, have three children, Mary Margaret Adams, Rebecca Barrier and Ben Clayton.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- ‘Little Boogaloo’ Eden Brent happy singing the blues
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Hole-by-hole look at Sanderson Farms Championship course at CCJ
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal