Bryant promoted by CenterPoint
CenterPoint Energy Inc. of Houston, Texas, has named Mississippi native Walter Bryant vice president of gas operations in Mississippi. In this role Bryant, who currently oversees all aspects of the company’s natural gas distribution operations in Arkansas and Oklahoma, will assume additional responsibilities for gas operations in Mississippi and Louisiana.
Bryant began his career with CenterPoint Energy in 1981 as a power consultant in Houston and held a variety of management positions within the company’s electric business. In 1998, he was promoted to vice president of gas operations in Louisiana. He was named to his current position in 2006.
He serves on the boards of directors of the Arkansas State Chamber of Commerce and the Arkansas Independent Colleges & Universities, is on the Business Advisory Board of Philander Smith College and is active in the Arkansas Gas Association.
Bryant was born in Okolona and grew up in Natchez. He holds a bachelor of science degree in business administration from Mississippi State University.
Bryant is married to the former Rita Brown of Pecan, Miss., and they are the parents of two daughters.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday