Bryant promoted by CenterPoint
CenterPoint Energy Inc. of Houston, Texas, has named Mississippi native Walter Bryant vice president of gas operations in Mississippi. In this role Bryant, who currently oversees all aspects of the company’s natural gas distribution operations in Arkansas and Oklahoma, will assume additional responsibilities for gas operations in Mississippi and Louisiana.
Bryant began his career with CenterPoint Energy in 1981 as a power consultant in Houston and held a variety of management positions within the company’s electric business. In 1998, he was promoted to vice president of gas operations in Louisiana. He was named to his current position in 2006.
He serves on the boards of directors of the Arkansas State Chamber of Commerce and the Arkansas Independent Colleges & Universities, is on the Business Advisory Board of Philander Smith College and is active in the Arkansas Gas Association.
Bryant was born in Okolona and grew up in Natchez. He holds a bachelor of science degree in business administration from Mississippi State University.
Bryant is married to the former Rita Brown of Pecan, Miss., and they are the parents of two daughters.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal