Bryant promoted by CenterPoint
CenterPoint Energy Inc. of Houston, Texas, has named Mississippi native Walter Bryant vice president of gas operations in Mississippi. In this role Bryant, who currently oversees all aspects of the company’s natural gas distribution operations in Arkansas and Oklahoma, will assume additional responsibilities for gas operations in Mississippi and Louisiana.
Bryant began his career with CenterPoint Energy in 1981 as a power consultant in Houston and held a variety of management positions within the company’s electric business. In 1998, he was promoted to vice president of gas operations in Louisiana. He was named to his current position in 2006.
He serves on the boards of directors of the Arkansas State Chamber of Commerce and the Arkansas Independent Colleges & Universities, is on the Business Advisory Board of Philander Smith College and is active in the Arkansas Gas Association.
Bryant was born in Okolona and grew up in Natchez. He holds a bachelor of science degree in business administration from Mississippi State University.
Bryant is married to the former Rita Brown of Pecan, Miss., and they are the parents of two daughters.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- The Blues and higher education — Delta State launches the International Delta Blues Project
- Singing River shutting doors on two Coast clinics