International Filing shuttering plant
HATTIESBURG — Employees at International Filing Co. in Hattiesburg have been told the plant will close later this month, eliminating more than 200 jobs.
Machine operator Janice Jones told The Hattiesburg American that workers who were laid off April 16 were given no notice. Jones says she wasn’t given any severance pay.
Company officials didn’t provide a statement about the closing. The vice president of sales and marketing didn’t immediately return a call from The Associated Press seeking comment.
Area Development Partnership president Chad Newell released a statement saying 285 workers would be impacted by the closure. Newell says he wants to work with the company to develop a plan to assist displaced workers.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- At age 17, ‘the flagpole kid’ is already a business success story
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- Doctor appeals Medicaid, Medicare fraud conviction
- County surveyor accused of doing unlicensed work, fraud
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- Brandon biometrics firm merges fingerprinting and smartphones
- South's oldest casino to reopen as Golden Nugget
- Woman pleads not guilty to murder in second buttocks-enhancement case
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions