Johnson announces her retirement
Linda Johnson, executive director of the Tupelo Convention & Visitors Bureau (TCVB), announced her retirement at the TCVB monthly board meeting April 5.
Johnson, who was recently inducted into the Class of 2010 Tourism Hall of Fame by the Mississippi Development Authority, has led Tupelo’s tourism efforts for the past 13 years. Before her move to Tupelo, Johnson served as the head of tourism for Jackson, Tenn.
In a letter to the board, Johnson announced her retirement stating that it would be effective June 30. She cited her desire to spend more time with her family and to work on personal goals as her deciding factors.
Johnson is married to Ben Johnson. She will reside in Germantown, Tenn., after her retirement.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money