Johnson announces her retirement
Linda Johnson, executive director of the Tupelo Convention & Visitors Bureau (TCVB), announced her retirement at the TCVB monthly board meeting April 5.
Johnson, who was recently inducted into the Class of 2010 Tourism Hall of Fame by the Mississippi Development Authority, has led Tupelo’s tourism efforts for the past 13 years. Before her move to Tupelo, Johnson served as the head of tourism for Jackson, Tenn.
In a letter to the board, Johnson announced her retirement stating that it would be effective June 30. She cited her desire to spend more time with her family and to work on personal goals as her deciding factors.
Johnson is married to Ben Johnson. She will reside in Germantown, Tenn., after her retirement.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- Man charged in noose left on integration statue at Ole Miss