Johnson announces her retirement
Linda Johnson, executive director of the Tupelo Convention & Visitors Bureau (TCVB), announced her retirement at the TCVB monthly board meeting April 5.
Johnson, who was recently inducted into the Class of 2010 Tourism Hall of Fame by the Mississippi Development Authority, has led Tupelo’s tourism efforts for the past 13 years. Before her move to Tupelo, Johnson served as the head of tourism for Jackson, Tenn.
In a letter to the board, Johnson announced her retirement stating that it would be effective June 30. She cited her desire to spend more time with her family and to work on personal goals as her deciding factors.
Johnson is married to Ben Johnson. She will reside in Germantown, Tenn., after her retirement.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry