Johnson announces her retirement
Linda Johnson, executive director of the Tupelo Convention & Visitors Bureau (TCVB), announced her retirement at the TCVB monthly board meeting April 5.
Johnson, who was recently inducted into the Class of 2010 Tourism Hall of Fame by the Mississippi Development Authority, has led Tupelo’s tourism efforts for the past 13 years. Before her move to Tupelo, Johnson served as the head of tourism for Jackson, Tenn.
In a letter to the board, Johnson announced her retirement stating that it would be effective June 30. She cited her desire to spend more time with her family and to work on personal goals as her deciding factors.
Johnson is married to Ben Johnson. She will reside in Germantown, Tenn., after her retirement.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Judicial candidates put on ballot after rejection of challenges
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- MSU receives funding for two proposals aimed at boosting NASA missions