Johnson announces her retirement
Linda Johnson, executive director of the Tupelo Convention & Visitors Bureau (TCVB), announced her retirement at the TCVB monthly board meeting April 5.
Johnson, who was recently inducted into the Class of 2010 Tourism Hall of Fame by the Mississippi Development Authority, has led Tupelo’s tourism efforts for the past 13 years. Before her move to Tupelo, Johnson served as the head of tourism for Jackson, Tenn.
In a letter to the board, Johnson announced her retirement stating that it would be effective June 30. She cited her desire to spend more time with her family and to work on personal goals as her deciding factors.
Johnson is married to Ben Johnson. She will reside in Germantown, Tenn., after her retirement.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Pickwick Pines settles lawsuit; pays $260K
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation
- MSU sets new annual fundraising record of $106M-plus