Anderson Companies acquires Brice
GULFPORT — Anderson Companies of Gulfport has acquired Brice Building Company, a 79-year-old general construction company based in Birmingham, Ala., and New Orleans. Terms were not disclosed.
Brice was founded in 1931 in Birmingham by the late Houston A. Brice Sr. Twenty-one years later in 1952, his son the late Houston A. Brice Jr. expanded the company by adding a full-service office in New Orleans. Brice has achieved significant experience on a wide range of projects, primarily in the healthcare, institutional, commercial, industrial and retail sectors. It is consistently ranked as one of the top healthcare contractors in the country, in the top 20 contractors in the Southeast and one of the largest contractors in Louisiana and Alabama.
“I am very pleased to welcome Brice’s executive management, its talented associates and diverse construction expertise to Anderson Companies. Brice’s corporate mission for ‘unparalleled performance and service’ is closely aligned with the culture and values we both share in delivering professional services to our clients. We have held the utmost respect and admiration for the Brice organization for years, and look forward to having them as a part of the Anderson Companies,” said Roy Anderson III, Anderson Companies’ chairman and CEO.
“After working with Roy Anderson Corp on joint ventures over the past few years, we both realized that a permanent joining was a good strategic decision. We could not be more please about the expanded opportunities that this will provide for our company, and our employees. Strategically, this will expand our geographic markets, and enable us to better serve our clients. It is truly a win-win for all involved,” said Felix Drennen, CEO of Brice.
Anderson Companies is the holding company of Roy Anderson Corp of Gulfport and Pensacola, Fla., Harrell Contracting Group of Jackson and now Brice. It provides general contracting, design-build, pre-construction and construction management services to its public and private clients. Anderson Companies is ranked in the top tier of general contractors by total revenues in the U.S. by Engineering News Record (ENR).
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi