Toyota recalls nearly 10,000 Lexus SUVs
Published: April 20,2010
WASHINGTON — Toyota says it will recall its 2010 Lexus GX 460 to address a potential problem with the SUV’s stability control system that targets possible rollovers.
The recall affects about 9,400 vehicles that have been sold since the SUV went on sale in late December. Consumer Reports issued a “Don’t Buy” warning last week on the 2010 GX 460, saying it was susceptible to rolling over.
Toyota says dealers will update software in the vehicle stability control system. Toyota already had halted sales of new GX 460s and begun tests on all of its SUVs.
The automaker also agreed to pay a record $16.4 million fine yesterday for failing to properly report a safety problem with defective gas pedals.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics