Toyota recalls nearly 10,000 Lexus SUVs
by Associated Press
Published: April 20,2010
WASHINGTON — Toyota says it will recall its 2010 Lexus GX 460 to address a potential problem with the SUV’s stability control system that targets possible rollovers.
The recall affects about 9,400 vehicles that have been sold since the SUV went on sale in late December. Consumer Reports issued a “Don’t Buy” warning last week on the 2010 GX 460, saying it was susceptible to rolling over.
Toyota says dealers will update software in the vehicle stability control system. Toyota already had halted sales of new GX 460s and begun tests on all of its SUVs.
The automaker also agreed to pay a record $16.4 million fine yesterday for failing to properly report a safety problem with defective gas pedals.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- At age 17, ‘the flagpole kid’ is already a business success story
- County surveyor accused of doing unlicensed work, fraud
- Doctor appeals Medicaid, Medicare fraud conviction
- Brandon biometrics firm merges fingerprinting and smartphones
- With tar balls still common, some question end of oil spill cleanup
- Madison doctor explores JFK assassination in chilling thriller
- Ingalls lands another, $76.8M Coast Guard cutter
- Supervisors to talk about rising costs, dwindling budget