Toyota recalls nearly 10,000 Lexus SUVs
by Associated Press
Published: April 20,2010
WASHINGTON — Toyota says it will recall its 2010 Lexus GX 460 to address a potential problem with the SUV’s stability control system that targets possible rollovers.
The recall affects about 9,400 vehicles that have been sold since the SUV went on sale in late December. Consumer Reports issued a “Don’t Buy” warning last week on the 2010 GX 460, saying it was susceptible to rolling over.
Toyota says dealers will update software in the vehicle stability control system. Toyota already had halted sales of new GX 460s and begun tests on all of its SUVs.
The automaker also agreed to pay a record $16.4 million fine yesterday for failing to properly report a safety problem with defective gas pedals.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer