Deloitte donates to UM accounting program
OXFORD — Accountancy professionals from Deloitte, LLP, have joined with the Deloitte Foundation to commit $250,000 to enhance faculty support at the University of Mississippi’s (UM’s) Patterson School of Accountancy.
The gift to UM’s accountancy school creates the Deloitte Foundation Lectureship in Accountancy, which will provide resources for research and creative support for faculty members as well as salary supplements.
More than 100 of the university’s alumni are pursuing careers with Deloitte.
Mark Wilder, dean of the Patterson School, said, “This generous gift provides critical resources for faculty support and helps ensure our ability to offer competitive salaries to attract and retain professors of the highest quality.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- New boutique hotel to replace Oxford’s Downtown Inn
- Coast city to repay BP grant funding for Ocean Expo
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Judge to weigh Hood's credit card issuer lawsuit
- Blue Origin successfully tests BE-3 rocket engine
- Allain to lie in repose at Capital Friday; funeral Saturday in Natchez
- Northrop Grumman begins production of five NATO drones