Deloitte donates to UM accounting program
OXFORD — Accountancy professionals from Deloitte, LLP, have joined with the Deloitte Foundation to commit $250,000 to enhance faculty support at the University of Mississippi’s (UM’s) Patterson School of Accountancy.
The gift to UM’s accountancy school creates the Deloitte Foundation Lectureship in Accountancy, which will provide resources for research and creative support for faculty members as well as salary supplements.
More than 100 of the university’s alumni are pursuing careers with Deloitte.
Mark Wilder, dean of the Patterson School, said, “This generous gift provides critical resources for faculty support and helps ensure our ability to offer competitive salaries to attract and retain professors of the highest quality.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Judge expected to rule today on McDaniel's challenge of loss to Cochran
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto are dotting every ‘i’ and crossing every ‘t’ in the development of Seafood R’evolution, which is set to open in November