Deloitte donates to UM accounting program
OXFORD — Accountancy professionals from Deloitte, LLP, have joined with the Deloitte Foundation to commit $250,000 to enhance faculty support at the University of Mississippi’s (UM’s) Patterson School of Accountancy.
The gift to UM’s accountancy school creates the Deloitte Foundation Lectureship in Accountancy, which will provide resources for research and creative support for faculty members as well as salary supplements.
More than 100 of the university’s alumni are pursuing careers with Deloitte.
Mark Wilder, dean of the Patterson School, said, “This generous gift provides critical resources for faculty support and helps ensure our ability to offer competitive salaries to attract and retain professors of the highest quality.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability