Deloitte donates to UM accounting program
OXFORD — Accountancy professionals from Deloitte, LLP, have joined with the Deloitte Foundation to commit $250,000 to enhance faculty support at the University of Mississippi’s (UM’s) Patterson School of Accountancy.
The gift to UM’s accountancy school creates the Deloitte Foundation Lectureship in Accountancy, which will provide resources for research and creative support for faculty members as well as salary supplements.
More than 100 of the university’s alumni are pursuing careers with Deloitte.
Mark Wilder, dean of the Patterson School, said, “This generous gift provides critical resources for faculty support and helps ensure our ability to offer competitive salaries to attract and retain professors of the highest quality.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Longtime Biloxi mayor Holloway resigns
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Hattiesburg wastewater treatment system could cost $152M
- Events and Nominations