Emeril closing Coast restaurant
GULFPORT — Emeril’s Gulf Coast Fish House, located in the Island View Casino Resort in Gulfport, will close May 29.
The announcement was made by Emeril’s Homebase, the celebrity chef’s corporate headquarters in New Orleans.
The Gulfport restaurant opened in June 2007.
“It’s very difficult to end this business venture with our friends at the Island View. We’ve worked hard to achieve the results we had hoped for, but after many months of consideration, we have decided to close Emeril’s Gulf Coast Fish House,” Emeril Lagasse said in a statement.
“I’m so proud of our outstanding staff for what they were able to accomplish. Thank you to all of our friends and family who’ve shared a meal with us over the past three years.”
Rick Carter, co-owner of Island View Casino Resort, said officials are planning a new restaurant for the space, which overlooks the Gulf of Mexico. He said the Carter Green Steakhouse will open in June.
“We are certainly proud of our three-year association with Chef Emeril Lagasse,” said Carter. “Emeril and his talented team gave our resort recognition when we opened our doors as the only casino in Gulfport.”
Lagasse currently operates 12 other restaurants in five cities — including three in New Orleans, and his newest, Burgers and More by Emeril, which opened in November in Bethlehem, Pa.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015