Emeril closing Coast restaurant
GULFPORT — Emeril’s Gulf Coast Fish House, located in the Island View Casino Resort in Gulfport, will close May 29.
The announcement was made by Emeril’s Homebase, the celebrity chef’s corporate headquarters in New Orleans.
The Gulfport restaurant opened in June 2007.
“It’s very difficult to end this business venture with our friends at the Island View. We’ve worked hard to achieve the results we had hoped for, but after many months of consideration, we have decided to close Emeril’s Gulf Coast Fish House,” Emeril Lagasse said in a statement.
“I’m so proud of our outstanding staff for what they were able to accomplish. Thank you to all of our friends and family who’ve shared a meal with us over the past three years.”
Rick Carter, co-owner of Island View Casino Resort, said officials are planning a new restaurant for the space, which overlooks the Gulf of Mexico. He said the Carter Green Steakhouse will open in June.
“We are certainly proud of our three-year association with Chef Emeril Lagasse,” said Carter. “Emeril and his talented team gave our resort recognition when we opened our doors as the only casino in Gulfport.”
Lagasse currently operates 12 other restaurants in five cities — including three in New Orleans, and his newest, Burgers and More by Emeril, which opened in November in Bethlehem, Pa.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways
- Finding your flexible space — Regus banks on high demand for customizable work spaces