Emeril closing Coast restaurant
GULFPORT — Emeril’s Gulf Coast Fish House, located in the Island View Casino Resort in Gulfport, will close May 29.
The announcement was made by Emeril’s Homebase, the celebrity chef’s corporate headquarters in New Orleans.
The Gulfport restaurant opened in June 2007.
“It’s very difficult to end this business venture with our friends at the Island View. We’ve worked hard to achieve the results we had hoped for, but after many months of consideration, we have decided to close Emeril’s Gulf Coast Fish House,” Emeril Lagasse said in a statement.
“I’m so proud of our outstanding staff for what they were able to accomplish. Thank you to all of our friends and family who’ve shared a meal with us over the past three years.”
Rick Carter, co-owner of Island View Casino Resort, said officials are planning a new restaurant for the space, which overlooks the Gulf of Mexico. He said the Carter Green Steakhouse will open in June.
“We are certainly proud of our three-year association with Chef Emeril Lagasse,” said Carter. “Emeril and his talented team gave our resort recognition when we opened our doors as the only casino in Gulfport.”
Lagasse currently operates 12 other restaurants in five cities — including three in New Orleans, and his newest, Burgers and More by Emeril, which opened in November in Bethlehem, Pa.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- ALAN TURNER: Education in Mississippi – good and bad news
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JOSH MABUS: The Tao of Road House
- Answering the Bell: Interim Ole Miss law school dean well-regarded for directing hands-on clinical training