Lawsuit filed for missing oil rig worker
by Associated Press
Published: April 22,2010
NEW ORLEANS — A lawsuit is claiming the companies involved in an oil platform explosion off the Louisiana coast were negligent.
The lawsuit was filed in New Orleans yesterday on behalf of a Mississippi man who worked on the rig and is one of 11 people still missing after the blast.
The lawsuit says Shane Roshto, of Amite County was thrown overboard in the Tuesday night explosion and is feared dead.
The rig is owned by Transocean, Ltd., and was under contract to oil giant BP. Both are defendants in the lawsuit.
A Transocean spokesman did not immediately respond to a request for comment and BP wouldn’t discuss the suit.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- Accounting firm finds problems at troubled MDMR
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones
- Hosemann recruiting Realtors to market tax-forfeited property
- South's oldest casino to reopen as Golden Nugget
- At age 17, ‘the flagpole kid’ is already a business success story
- Report: State's teacher education programs 'mediocre at best'