MDES reauthorization bill released
JACKSON — A Mississippi House Democrat says he’s releasing his hold on a bill that would reauthorize the state Department of Employment Security.
Labor Committee Chairman Rufus Straughter of Belzoni says he has received assurance that the Senate Finance Committee will vote on a related bill he is pushing.
Straughter wants the state to accept some stimulus money for unemployment benefits that Republican Gov. Haley Barbour has rejected.
The bill Straughter is pushing would restructure a formula for calculating a person’s unemployment payments. A separate bill would keep the employment agency open beyond June 30, the end of this fiscal year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring