Mississippi Solar installs another system
PHILADELPHIA — Mississippi Solar recently completed its eighth grid-tied solar system in Mississippi. The 1.7-kilowatt array is located in Webster County.
It is the first solar system to be successfully connected by the Natchez Trace Electric Power Association under the Tennessee Valley Authority’s (TVA’s) Generation Partners program, according to Mississippi Solar.
All energy produced by the solar array is purchased by TVA at $0.12 above the rate, and Natchez Trace EPA sells the power to John Wilbanks, owner of the system.
Mississippi Solar, has designed and installed other solar systems interconnected to the grid in Leake, Lafayette, Lowndes and Rankin counties. Additionally, the company is partnering with R & R Construction of Flowood for the design and construction of solar-ready homes. The first solar-ready home is located at 528 Glensview Drive, Brandon.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- 'Get on Up' movie opens in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet