Mississippi Solar installs another system
PHILADELPHIA — Mississippi Solar recently completed its eighth grid-tied solar system in Mississippi. The 1.7-kilowatt array is located in Webster County.
It is the first solar system to be successfully connected by the Natchez Trace Electric Power Association under the Tennessee Valley Authority’s (TVA’s) Generation Partners program, according to Mississippi Solar.
All energy produced by the solar array is purchased by TVA at $0.12 above the rate, and Natchez Trace EPA sells the power to John Wilbanks, owner of the system.
Mississippi Solar, has designed and installed other solar systems interconnected to the grid in Leake, Lafayette, Lowndes and Rankin counties. Additionally, the company is partnering with R & R Construction of Flowood for the design and construction of solar-ready homes. The first solar-ready home is located at 528 Glensview Drive, Brandon.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter
- Ex-Delta mayor indicted, accused of stealing city property
- Cochran's legal counsel asks Court to toss McDaniel's lawsuit
- Williams-Sonoma expanding, adding nearly 1,000 jobs
- More than half-dozen groups file charter school applications
- State Rep. Patterson switches from Democrats to GOP
- Ex-baliff wants pay or her job back after termination
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015