Mississippi Solar installs another system
PHILADELPHIA — Mississippi Solar recently completed its eighth grid-tied solar system in Mississippi. The 1.7-kilowatt array is located in Webster County.
It is the first solar system to be successfully connected by the Natchez Trace Electric Power Association under the Tennessee Valley Authority’s (TVA’s) Generation Partners program, according to Mississippi Solar.
All energy produced by the solar array is purchased by TVA at $0.12 above the rate, and Natchez Trace EPA sells the power to John Wilbanks, owner of the system.
Mississippi Solar, has designed and installed other solar systems interconnected to the grid in Leake, Lafayette, Lowndes and Rankin counties. Additionally, the company is partnering with R & R Construction of Flowood for the design and construction of solar-ready homes. The first solar-ready home is located at 528 Glensview Drive, Brandon.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Secretary of State's Office transitioning to new location