Mississippi Solar installs another system
PHILADELPHIA — Mississippi Solar recently completed its eighth grid-tied solar system in Mississippi. The 1.7-kilowatt array is located in Webster County.
It is the first solar system to be successfully connected by the Natchez Trace Electric Power Association under the Tennessee Valley Authority’s (TVA’s) Generation Partners program, according to Mississippi Solar.
All energy produced by the solar array is purchased by TVA at $0.12 above the rate, and Natchez Trace EPA sells the power to John Wilbanks, owner of the system.
Mississippi Solar, has designed and installed other solar systems interconnected to the grid in Leake, Lafayette, Lowndes and Rankin counties. Additionally, the company is partnering with R & R Construction of Flowood for the design and construction of solar-ready homes. The first solar-ready home is located at 528 Glensview Drive, Brandon.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Conservator: Schools had too many employees
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- Study says state sacrificing billions of dollars, 20,000 jobs in refusing Medicaid expansion
- Mars Food to celebrate 35 years in Port City
- Council wants more info on proposed baseball stadium