SmartSynch signs agreement with AuthenTec
by Wally Northway
Published: April 22,2010
JACKSON — SmartSynch Inc. and AuthenTec,, a leading provider of security, identity management and touch control solutions, have formed a partnership to provide an additional layer of fortification to SmartSynch’s smart grid infrastructure solutions. Terms were not disclosed.
SmartSynch has selected AuthenTec’s carrier-grade network security solution, the QuickSec/IPsec toolkit, to provide standards-compliant authentication, confidentiality, and data integrity for its smart grid solutions.
“The future of energy in the United States depends upon smart grid technology, and as such the infrastructure must be extremely robust and secure against hackers,” said Stephen Johnston, SmartSynch’s CEO. “SmartSynch solutions already use the same security measures that protect millions of highly sensitive financial transactions every day. By working with embedded security leader AuthenTec, SmartSynch’s solutions will be further optimized to securely and reliably deliver critical smart grid data over public wireless networks—thereby enabling quicker, easier, and more scalable deployments while raising the return on resources for utilities.”
SmartSynch and AuthenTec will be launching smart grid infrastructure solutions at the SmartSynch Conference 2010: “Enabling Communication for the Smart Grid” – an event designed to foster dialogue about collaborative technologies among utility representatives, smart grid industry analysts and executives from the largest wireless network providers. The event will be held April 26-28 at the Roosevelt Hotel in New Orleans. Headlined by keynote speaker and broadcast journalist Tom Brokaw, the event will feature formal and informal discussions about using open, public communications to enable grid digitization at a truly universal scale. For more information about the SmartSynch Conference, please visit www.smartsynch.com/conference2010/.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- News The Way You Want It!
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip