SmartSynch signs agreement with AuthenTec
Published: April 22,2010
JACKSON — SmartSynch Inc. and AuthenTec,, a leading provider of security, identity management and touch control solutions, have formed a partnership to provide an additional layer of fortification to SmartSynch’s smart grid infrastructure solutions. Terms were not disclosed.
SmartSynch has selected AuthenTec’s carrier-grade network security solution, the QuickSec/IPsec toolkit, to provide standards-compliant authentication, confidentiality, and data integrity for its smart grid solutions.
“The future of energy in the United States depends upon smart grid technology, and as such the infrastructure must be extremely robust and secure against hackers,” said Stephen Johnston, SmartSynch’s CEO. “SmartSynch solutions already use the same security measures that protect millions of highly sensitive financial transactions every day. By working with embedded security leader AuthenTec, SmartSynch’s solutions will be further optimized to securely and reliably deliver critical smart grid data over public wireless networks—thereby enabling quicker, easier, and more scalable deployments while raising the return on resources for utilities.”
SmartSynch and AuthenTec will be launching smart grid infrastructure solutions at the SmartSynch Conference 2010: “Enabling Communication for the Smart Grid” – an event designed to foster dialogue about collaborative technologies among utility representatives, smart grid industry analysts and executives from the largest wireless network providers. The event will be held April 26-28 at the Roosevelt Hotel in New Orleans. Headlined by keynote speaker and broadcast journalist Tom Brokaw, the event will feature formal and informal discussions about using open, public communications to enable grid digitization at a truly universal scale. For more information about the SmartSynch Conference, please visit www.smartsynch.com/conference2010/.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015