MAGPPA recognizes MDOT workers
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 26,2010
Two Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) employees have been honored by the Mississippi Association of Governmental Purchasing and Property Agents (MAGPPA). Director of asset management Julie Ethridge was presented with the MAGPPA Property Manager of the Year Award, which is given to recognize an outstanding manager in the field of property. Ethridge is recognized for her work helping to meet and exceed the customers’ needs by providing excellent service in managing MDOT’s assets and serving as a good steward of taxpayer dollars.
Mike Roberts, long-range planner in the Information Systems Division at MDOT, was presented the MAGPPA Purchasing Manager of the Year Award, which is given to recognize an outstanding manager in the field of public purchasing. Roberts is recognized for his work leading his team to implement a hardware cost containment plan, which will save approximately $1.5 million over the next six years, reallocating funds to other IS infrastructure needs. Roberts was also instrumental in furnishing the new IS Training Lab and conference rooms with SMART technology, equipped with state-of-the-art audio conferencing and teleconferencing capabilities, improving collaborative efforts with colleagues near and far.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program