MAGPPA recognizes MDOT workers
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 26,2010
Two Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) employees have been honored by the Mississippi Association of Governmental Purchasing and Property Agents (MAGPPA). Director of asset management Julie Ethridge was presented with the MAGPPA Property Manager of the Year Award, which is given to recognize an outstanding manager in the field of property. Ethridge is recognized for her work helping to meet and exceed the customers’ needs by providing excellent service in managing MDOT’s assets and serving as a good steward of taxpayer dollars.
Mike Roberts, long-range planner in the Information Systems Division at MDOT, was presented the MAGPPA Purchasing Manager of the Year Award, which is given to recognize an outstanding manager in the field of public purchasing. Roberts is recognized for his work leading his team to implement a hardware cost containment plan, which will save approximately $1.5 million over the next six years, reallocating funds to other IS infrastructure needs. Roberts was also instrumental in furnishing the new IS Training Lab and conference rooms with SMART technology, equipped with state-of-the-art audio conferencing and teleconferencing capabilities, improving collaborative efforts with colleagues near and far.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Legislators begin work on FY2016 state budget
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter