Swiss officials foil IBM bomb plot
GENEVA — Swiss media report that police have arrested two men and a woman suspected of planning to bomb an IBM Corp. research facility near Zurich.
Swiss prosecutors declined today to confirm the names or the target but said three people were arrested with “explosive and further items in their car” as well as a note “indicating a planned attack on the branch of an international company.”
IBM Switzerland spokesman Chris Sciacca says the company “has been notified by Swiss police authorities about an investigation and is cooperating accordingly.”
The SonntagsBlick newspaper said police arrested a man and woman from Italy and a Swiss man April 15 near Rueschlikon, where IBM is building a nanotechnology laboratory.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Hunting deer? There's an app for that