Swiss officials foil IBM bomb plot
GENEVA — Swiss media report that police have arrested two men and a woman suspected of planning to bomb an IBM Corp. research facility near Zurich.
Swiss prosecutors declined today to confirm the names or the target but said three people were arrested with “explosive and further items in their car” as well as a note “indicating a planned attack on the branch of an international company.”
IBM Switzerland spokesman Chris Sciacca says the company “has been notified by Swiss police authorities about an investigation and is cooperating accordingly.”
The SonntagsBlick newspaper said police arrested a man and woman from Italy and a Swiss man April 15 near Rueschlikon, where IBM is building a nanotechnology laboratory.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant
- Report: Mississippi has worst child poverty rate in U.S.
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders