Swiss officials foil IBM bomb plot
GENEVA — Swiss media report that police have arrested two men and a woman suspected of planning to bomb an IBM Corp. research facility near Zurich.
Swiss prosecutors declined today to confirm the names or the target but said three people were arrested with “explosive and further items in their car” as well as a note “indicating a planned attack on the branch of an international company.”
IBM Switzerland spokesman Chris Sciacca says the company “has been notified by Swiss police authorities about an investigation and is cooperating accordingly.”
The SonntagsBlick newspaper said police arrested a man and woman from Italy and a Swiss man April 15 near Rueschlikon, where IBM is building a nanotechnology laboratory.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Ikea confirms plan for Memphis store
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- McCrory joins Epps in asking for trial delay
- Former Lane Furniture plant sold for $1.45 million