Swiss officials foil IBM bomb plot
GENEVA — Swiss media report that police have arrested two men and a woman suspected of planning to bomb an IBM Corp. research facility near Zurich.
Swiss prosecutors declined today to confirm the names or the target but said three people were arrested with “explosive and further items in their car” as well as a note “indicating a planned attack on the branch of an international company.”
IBM Switzerland spokesman Chris Sciacca says the company “has been notified by Swiss police authorities about an investigation and is cooperating accordingly.”
The SonntagsBlick newspaper said police arrested a man and woman from Italy and a Swiss man April 15 near Rueschlikon, where IBM is building a nanotechnology laboratory.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager