Swiss officials foil IBM bomb plot
GENEVA — Swiss media report that police have arrested two men and a woman suspected of planning to bomb an IBM Corp. research facility near Zurich.
Swiss prosecutors declined today to confirm the names or the target but said three people were arrested with “explosive and further items in their car” as well as a note “indicating a planned attack on the branch of an international company.”
IBM Switzerland spokesman Chris Sciacca says the company “has been notified by Swiss police authorities about an investigation and is cooperating accordingly.”
The SonntagsBlick newspaper said police arrested a man and woman from Italy and a Swiss man April 15 near Rueschlikon, where IBM is building a nanotechnology laboratory.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur