Tabb leads session, presents award to Tuck
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 26,2010
Tags: Amy Tuck, Celeste A. Wheat, Examining the Current Status and Emerging Roles of Women in Higher Education, Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College, Mississippi State University, Myrtis Tabb, University of Southern Mississippi, WHEMN, Women in Higher Education -Mississippi Network
Dr. Myrtis Tabb, associate vice president of finance and administration at Delta State University, recently attended the Women in Higher Education -Mississippi Network (WHEMN) spring conference on the Jefferson Davis campus at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College. She presented a session on “Examining the Current Status and Emerging Roles of Women in Higher Education” with Celeste A. Wheat, a doctoral student at the University of Southern Mississippi.
Tabb also presented the 2010 WHEMN Leadership Award to Amy Tuck, special assistant to the president, Mississippi State University. The award is given annually to a woman who has demonstrated leadership and commitment to the advancement of women in higher education and serves as a role model and mentor for other women. Tabb was the 2007 recipient of this award.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data
- TODD SMITH — Taco Bell and McDonalds take breakfast war viral; how to write killer news releases and more
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program