American Exploration money not coming
JEFFERSON COUNTY — Mainland Resources Inc. reports that American Exploration Corporation has failed to fund its 20 percent share of the estimated total well costs of the Burkley-Phillips No. 1 Well on Mainland’s Buena Vista Prospect in Jefferson County.
As a result, American has forfeited its right to a 29 percent working interest in the well and in the prospect in favor of Mainland.
Pursuant to a letter agreement dated Oct. 1, 2009, Mainland and American Exploration agreed to contribute approximately 8,500 net acres and 5,000 net acres, respectively, of contiguous lands for joint development, with Mainland as operator, in the Buena Vista area of Jefferson County.
Mainland and American Exploration are still moving forward with the proposed merger between the two companies that was announced March 23.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager