American Exploration money not coming
JEFFERSON COUNTY — Mainland Resources Inc. reports that American Exploration Corporation has failed to fund its 20 percent share of the estimated total well costs of the Burkley-Phillips No. 1 Well on Mainland’s Buena Vista Prospect in Jefferson County.
As a result, American has forfeited its right to a 29 percent working interest in the well and in the prospect in favor of Mainland.
Pursuant to a letter agreement dated Oct. 1, 2009, Mainland and American Exploration agreed to contribute approximately 8,500 net acres and 5,000 net acres, respectively, of contiguous lands for joint development, with Mainland as operator, in the Buena Vista area of Jefferson County.
Mainland and American Exploration are still moving forward with the proposed merger between the two companies that was announced March 23.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Two Delta groups getting economic development funding