American Exploration money not coming
JEFFERSON COUNTY — Mainland Resources Inc. reports that American Exploration Corporation has failed to fund its 20 percent share of the estimated total well costs of the Burkley-Phillips No. 1 Well on Mainland’s Buena Vista Prospect in Jefferson County.
As a result, American has forfeited its right to a 29 percent working interest in the well and in the prospect in favor of Mainland.
Pursuant to a letter agreement dated Oct. 1, 2009, Mainland and American Exploration agreed to contribute approximately 8,500 net acres and 5,000 net acres, respectively, of contiguous lands for joint development, with Mainland as operator, in the Buena Vista area of Jefferson County.
Mainland and American Exploration are still moving forward with the proposed merger between the two companies that was announced March 23.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win