American Exploration money not coming
JEFFERSON COUNTY — Mainland Resources Inc. reports that American Exploration Corporation has failed to fund its 20 percent share of the estimated total well costs of the Burkley-Phillips No. 1 Well on Mainland’s Buena Vista Prospect in Jefferson County.
As a result, American has forfeited its right to a 29 percent working interest in the well and in the prospect in favor of Mainland.
Pursuant to a letter agreement dated Oct. 1, 2009, Mainland and American Exploration agreed to contribute approximately 8,500 net acres and 5,000 net acres, respectively, of contiguous lands for joint development, with Mainland as operator, in the Buena Vista area of Jefferson County.
Mainland and American Exploration are still moving forward with the proposed merger between the two companies that was announced March 23.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years