American Exploration money not coming
JEFFERSON COUNTY — Mainland Resources Inc. reports that American Exploration Corporation has failed to fund its 20 percent share of the estimated total well costs of the Burkley-Phillips No. 1 Well on Mainland’s Buena Vista Prospect in Jefferson County.
As a result, American has forfeited its right to a 29 percent working interest in the well and in the prospect in favor of Mainland.
Pursuant to a letter agreement dated Oct. 1, 2009, Mainland and American Exploration agreed to contribute approximately 8,500 net acres and 5,000 net acres, respectively, of contiguous lands for joint development, with Mainland as operator, in the Buena Vista area of Jefferson County.
Mainland and American Exploration are still moving forward with the proposed merger between the two companies that was announced March 23.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Ikea confirms plan for Memphis store
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- McCrory joins Epps in asking for trial delay
- Former Lane Furniture plant sold for $1.45 million
- OUR VIEW: JRA evolving toward transparency? Maybe, maybe not