Ex-surgeon indicted for witness tampering
JACKSON COUNTY — A Jackson County grand jury has indicted former heart surgeon David Bruce Allen on charges he allegedly tried to bribe witnesses in a marijuana cultivation case.
Allen is charged with one count each of bribing a witness, witness tampering and trying to get someone to commit perjury.
Prosecutors allege Allen tried to bribe his sister, Gail Lee, and her husband, Rodney. They were indicted with him in the marijuana case after a Feburary raid on Allen’s property in Escatawpa.
Allen faces a June 1 trial on marijuana possession and cultivation and sale of hashish while in possession of a firearm.
Rodney and Gail Lee were living on Allen’s property at the time of the raid. They are charged with marijuana cultivation and possession of hashish.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Community Bank names new officers
- Southern Bancorp to acquire Bank of Bolivar County
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams