Ex-surgeon indicted for witness tampering
JACKSON COUNTY — A Jackson County grand jury has indicted former heart surgeon David Bruce Allen on charges he allegedly tried to bribe witnesses in a marijuana cultivation case.
Allen is charged with one count each of bribing a witness, witness tampering and trying to get someone to commit perjury.
Prosecutors allege Allen tried to bribe his sister, Gail Lee, and her husband, Rodney. They were indicted with him in the marijuana case after a Feburary raid on Allen’s property in Escatawpa.
Allen faces a June 1 trial on marijuana possession and cultivation and sale of hashish while in possession of a firearm.
Rodney and Gail Lee were living on Allen’s property at the time of the raid. They are charged with marijuana cultivation and possession of hashish.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Deepwater Horizon Five Years Later — Restoring the Mississippi coast starts with a strong foundation
- Chancery Court’s interpretation of ‘public use’ will guide ruling on Westin money
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)