Ex-surgeon indicted for witness tampering
JACKSON COUNTY — A Jackson County grand jury has indicted former heart surgeon David Bruce Allen on charges he allegedly tried to bribe witnesses in a marijuana cultivation case.
Allen is charged with one count each of bribing a witness, witness tampering and trying to get someone to commit perjury.
Prosecutors allege Allen tried to bribe his sister, Gail Lee, and her husband, Rodney. They were indicted with him in the marijuana case after a Feburary raid on Allen’s property in Escatawpa.
Allen faces a June 1 trial on marijuana possession and cultivation and sale of hashish while in possession of a firearm.
Rodney and Gail Lee were living on Allen’s property at the time of the raid. They are charged with marijuana cultivation and possession of hashish.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- McDaniel files legal arguments as he looks to overturn Cochran loss
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Payday lender expects clean bill from regulators