Ex-surgeon indicted for witness tampering
JACKSON COUNTY — A Jackson County grand jury has indicted former heart surgeon David Bruce Allen on charges he allegedly tried to bribe witnesses in a marijuana cultivation case.
Allen is charged with one count each of bribing a witness, witness tampering and trying to get someone to commit perjury.
Prosecutors allege Allen tried to bribe his sister, Gail Lee, and her husband, Rodney. They were indicted with him in the marijuana case after a Feburary raid on Allen’s property in Escatawpa.
Allen faces a June 1 trial on marijuana possession and cultivation and sale of hashish while in possession of a firearm.
Rodney and Gail Lee were living on Allen’s property at the time of the raid. They are charged with marijuana cultivation and possession of hashish.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- News The Way You Want It!
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip