Ex-surgeon indicted for witness tampering
JACKSON COUNTY — A Jackson County grand jury has indicted former heart surgeon David Bruce Allen on charges he allegedly tried to bribe witnesses in a marijuana cultivation case.
Allen is charged with one count each of bribing a witness, witness tampering and trying to get someone to commit perjury.
Prosecutors allege Allen tried to bribe his sister, Gail Lee, and her husband, Rodney. They were indicted with him in the marijuana case after a Feburary raid on Allen’s property in Escatawpa.
Allen faces a June 1 trial on marijuana possession and cultivation and sale of hashish while in possession of a firearm.
Rodney and Gail Lee were living on Allen’s property at the time of the raid. They are charged with marijuana cultivation and possession of hashish.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Hood clarifies opinion on open-carry gun law
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Officials hand mayor projects list totaling $57.7M
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State