Foundation’s assets hit historic milestone
JACKSON — The Community Foundation of Greater Jackson ended its 2009-2010 fiscal year with cause to celebrate. Thanks in large part to a bequest from a donor who established a permanent endowment fund through her will, the foundation closed its year with assets in excess of $25 million and awarded grants in excess of $2.3 million.
Foundation president and CEO Doug Boone said, “Ending our 15th fiscal year by reaching this milestone is significant, and the gift that helped us do that is the essence of what the foundation does. It helps us leave behind something that will make a lasting impact on the tri-county area that will help feed a family, clothe a woman looking for a better job, provide art for the community to enjoy, and more.”
The $25-million milestone was reached in part thanks to a bequest from Peggy Huff Harris, who established the Thomas G. Ramey and Peggy Huff Harris Fund and funded it through her estate after she passed away. This endowed fund will award annual grants, forever, to Dress for Success, Guide Dogs for the Blind, Mercy Flights Southeast, Mississippi Food Network, the Mississippi Museum of Art, Mississippi Public Broadcasting and reading programs selected by the foundation’s grants committee.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders