Burglar ordered to repay Regions
A federal judge has ordered a Sarasota, Fla., man to help repay a Gulfport bank more than $105,000 for the burglary of a night-deposit box.
The Sun Herald reports that 41-year-old Corey Donnell Bennett also must serve 18 months in prison, then three years’ probation.
He is one of three men indicted in the April 6, 2009, break-in at a Regions bank branch. According to court testimony, the men used a saw to get money out of the night-deposit box.
U.S. District Judge Sul Ozerden sentenced Bennett on a plea agreement yesterday.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Comstock quits Tuscaloosa play on falling prices
- Clinton office complex sold for $20.5 million
- Meadville mayor seeks Sojourner's Senate seat
- Entergy plans three solar-power pilot projects
- PHIL HARDWICK: Characteristics of a good year-end fundraising letter
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Record soybean yield is valued at $1.17 billion
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case