Burglar ordered to repay Regions
A federal judge has ordered a Sarasota, Fla., man to help repay a Gulfport bank more than $105,000 for the burglary of a night-deposit box.
The Sun Herald reports that 41-year-old Corey Donnell Bennett also must serve 18 months in prison, then three years’ probation.
He is one of three men indicted in the April 6, 2009, break-in at a Regions bank branch. According to court testimony, the men used a saw to get money out of the night-deposit box.
U.S. District Judge Sul Ozerden sentenced Bennett on a plea agreement yesterday.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal