Burglar ordered to repay Regions
A federal judge has ordered a Sarasota, Fla., man to help repay a Gulfport bank more than $105,000 for the burglary of a night-deposit box.
The Sun Herald reports that 41-year-old Corey Donnell Bennett also must serve 18 months in prison, then three years’ probation.
He is one of three men indicted in the April 6, 2009, break-in at a Regions bank branch. According to court testimony, the men used a saw to get money out of the night-deposit box.
U.S. District Judge Sul Ozerden sentenced Bennett on a plea agreement yesterday.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions