Burglar ordered to repay Regions
A federal judge has ordered a Sarasota, Fla., man to help repay a Gulfport bank more than $105,000 for the burglary of a night-deposit box.
The Sun Herald reports that 41-year-old Corey Donnell Bennett also must serve 18 months in prison, then three years’ probation.
He is one of three men indicted in the April 6, 2009, break-in at a Regions bank branch. According to court testimony, the men used a saw to get money out of the night-deposit box.
U.S. District Judge Sul Ozerden sentenced Bennett on a plea agreement yesterday.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015