Burglar ordered to repay Regions
A federal judge has ordered a Sarasota, Fla., man to help repay a Gulfport bank more than $105,000 for the burglary of a night-deposit box.
The Sun Herald reports that 41-year-old Corey Donnell Bennett also must serve 18 months in prison, then three years’ probation.
He is one of three men indicted in the April 6, 2009, break-in at a Regions bank branch. According to court testimony, the men used a saw to get money out of the night-deposit box.
U.S. District Judge Sul Ozerden sentenced Bennett on a plea agreement yesterday.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Baker Donelson's David A. Rueff Jr. co-authors guide
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip