DG Foods expanding, adding jobs
GALLMAN — A Copiah County chicken processing facility is expanding its operation and adding 200 jobs.
DG Foods is investing about $2.78 million to prepare the plant for an increase in production after the company was awarded a contract with BAR-S, a food processor and distributor.
The facility is adding two new labor intensive processes. The first will allow DG Foods to debone the dark meat of a chicken from the thighs and legs. The other will give the plant the capacity to turn meat into chicken tenders.
The company will also be expanding its existing business operations.
DG Foods currently employs 350 workers.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
14 Responses to “DG Foods expanding, adding jobs”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- City trying to determine who has authority to spend gaming money
- Gov. Bryant sets special election date for Senate District 17
- Mississippi sounds coming to Americana Music Festival & Conference
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks