DG Foods expanding, adding jobs
GALLMAN — A Copiah County chicken processing facility is expanding its operation and adding 200 jobs.
DG Foods is investing about $2.78 million to prepare the plant for an increase in production after the company was awarded a contract with BAR-S, a food processor and distributor.
The facility is adding two new labor intensive processes. The first will allow DG Foods to debone the dark meat of a chicken from the thighs and legs. The other will give the plant the capacity to turn meat into chicken tenders.
The company will also be expanding its existing business operations.
DG Foods currently employs 350 workers.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
14 Responses to “DG Foods expanding, adding jobs”
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life