DG Foods expanding, adding jobs
GALLMAN — A Copiah County chicken processing facility is expanding its operation and adding 200 jobs.
DG Foods is investing about $2.78 million to prepare the plant for an increase in production after the company was awarded a contract with BAR-S, a food processor and distributor.
The facility is adding two new labor intensive processes. The first will allow DG Foods to debone the dark meat of a chicken from the thighs and legs. The other will give the plant the capacity to turn meat into chicken tenders.
The company will also be expanding its existing business operations.
DG Foods currently employs 350 workers.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
14 Responses to “DG Foods expanding, adding jobs”
Top Posts & Pages
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi