DG Foods expanding, adding jobs
GALLMAN — A Copiah County chicken processing facility is expanding its operation and adding 200 jobs.
DG Foods is investing about $2.78 million to prepare the plant for an increase in production after the company was awarded a contract with BAR-S, a food processor and distributor.
The facility is adding two new labor intensive processes. The first will allow DG Foods to debone the dark meat of a chicken from the thighs and legs. The other will give the plant the capacity to turn meat into chicken tenders.
The company will also be expanding its existing business operations.
DG Foods currently employs 350 workers.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
14 Responses to “DG Foods expanding, adding jobs”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- The Blues and higher education — Delta State launches the International Delta Blues Project
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Singing River shutting doors on two Coast clinics
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62