State’s home care costs among lowest in U.S.
According to Genworth’s 2010 Cost of Care Survey, home care costs, as well as costs of other long-term care services, are lower in Mississippi than they are nationally.
The median annual rate for home care costs in Mississippi is $36,608 statewide, 16 percent lower than the median annual rate of $43,472 nationally.
Mississippi is the fourth most affordable state for home care services.
“Long-term care is not just about nursing homes anymore,” said Buck Stinson, president, U.S. Life Insurance Products at Genworth. “For many Mississippi residents, the ability to live independently is critical to maintaining quality of life. Preparing for the expenses associated with one’s preferred care setting is a key factor in retirement planning.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “State’s home care costs among lowest in U.S.”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Baker Donelson's David A. Rueff Jr. co-authors guide
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects