State’s home care costs among lowest in U.S.
According to Genworth’s 2010 Cost of Care Survey, home care costs, as well as costs of other long-term care services, are lower in Mississippi than they are nationally.
The median annual rate for home care costs in Mississippi is $36,608 statewide, 16 percent lower than the median annual rate of $43,472 nationally.
Mississippi is the fourth most affordable state for home care services.
“Long-term care is not just about nursing homes anymore,” said Buck Stinson, president, U.S. Life Insurance Products at Genworth. “For many Mississippi residents, the ability to live independently is critical to maintaining quality of life. Preparing for the expenses associated with one’s preferred care setting is a key factor in retirement planning.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “State’s home care costs among lowest in U.S.”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Outside group files arguments supporting McDaniel
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- MDEQ fines metalworking firm over hazardous waste