State’s home care costs among lowest in U.S.
According to Genworth’s 2010 Cost of Care Survey, home care costs, as well as costs of other long-term care services, are lower in Mississippi than they are nationally.
The median annual rate for home care costs in Mississippi is $36,608 statewide, 16 percent lower than the median annual rate of $43,472 nationally.
Mississippi is the fourth most affordable state for home care services.
“Long-term care is not just about nursing homes anymore,” said Buck Stinson, president, U.S. Life Insurance Products at Genworth. “For many Mississippi residents, the ability to live independently is critical to maintaining quality of life. Preparing for the expenses associated with one’s preferred care setting is a key factor in retirement planning.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “State’s home care costs among lowest in U.S.”
Top Posts & Pages
- Report: Mississippi only state to see drop in home prices
- Palmertree blocked from using public funds for legal defense
- Two companies fined for violations of 'No-Call' law
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- John Ferrucci'a perfect voice is perfect for the Silver Slipper Casino
- City suing Hercules for pollution at shuttered plant site
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal