State’s home care costs among lowest in U.S.
According to Genworth’s 2010 Cost of Care Survey, home care costs, as well as costs of other long-term care services, are lower in Mississippi than they are nationally.
The median annual rate for home care costs in Mississippi is $36,608 statewide, 16 percent lower than the median annual rate of $43,472 nationally.
Mississippi is the fourth most affordable state for home care services.
“Long-term care is not just about nursing homes anymore,” said Buck Stinson, president, U.S. Life Insurance Products at Genworth. “For many Mississippi residents, the ability to live independently is critical to maintaining quality of life. Preparing for the expenses associated with one’s preferred care setting is a key factor in retirement planning.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “State’s home care costs among lowest in U.S.”
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option