State’s home care costs among lowest in U.S.
According to Genworth’s 2010 Cost of Care Survey, home care costs, as well as costs of other long-term care services, are lower in Mississippi than they are nationally.
The median annual rate for home care costs in Mississippi is $36,608 statewide, 16 percent lower than the median annual rate of $43,472 nationally.
Mississippi is the fourth most affordable state for home care services.
“Long-term care is not just about nursing homes anymore,” said Buck Stinson, president, U.S. Life Insurance Products at Genworth. “For many Mississippi residents, the ability to live independently is critical to maintaining quality of life. Preparing for the expenses associated with one’s preferred care setting is a key factor in retirement planning.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “State’s home care costs among lowest in U.S.”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager