Trinity Offshore to build tugs
GULFPORT — Trinity Offshore, LLC, announced that Colle Towing Company and Signet Maritime Corporation have signed contracts worth over $27 million to build two 6,800-horsepower, 80-metric-ton bollard pull terminal support/escort tugs.
Colle Maritime Company, a joint venture between Colle and Signet, will operate the vessels to provide marine services to Angola LNG Supply Services (ALSS) at the Port of Pascagoula.
The tugs will be built over 17 months at Trinity Offshore’s Gulfport shipyard with deliveries planned for Sept. 2011.
Designed by Robert Allan Ltd, of Vancouver, B.C., these RAstar 3100 class Escort Tugs are specifically designed and engineered to offer tsuperior ship-handling escort, and sea-keeping performance in comparison to more conventional tug designs. The tugs incorporate cutting-edge design and technological features to safely assist LNG tankers, oil tankers and cargo vessels calling at the LNG, oil refinery and other dry cargo terminals in Pascagoula.
The tugs will be built entirely under cover at Trinity Offshore’s 60-acre facility in Gulfport. This sshipyard is shared with Trinity Yachts, LLC, an affiliated company with Trinity Offshore. Trinity Offshore owners and key personnel have a long history in building state-of-the-art tugs, offshore vessels and patrol craft.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Trinity Offshore to build tugs”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Legislators begin work on FY2016 state budget
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter