Trinity Offshore to build tugs
GULFPORT — Trinity Offshore, LLC, announced that Colle Towing Company and Signet Maritime Corporation have signed contracts worth over $27 million to build two 6,800-horsepower, 80-metric-ton bollard pull terminal support/escort tugs.
Colle Maritime Company, a joint venture between Colle and Signet, will operate the vessels to provide marine services to Angola LNG Supply Services (ALSS) at the Port of Pascagoula.
The tugs will be built over 17 months at Trinity Offshore’s Gulfport shipyard with deliveries planned for Sept. 2011.
Designed by Robert Allan Ltd, of Vancouver, B.C., these RAstar 3100 class Escort Tugs are specifically designed and engineered to offer tsuperior ship-handling escort, and sea-keeping performance in comparison to more conventional tug designs. The tugs incorporate cutting-edge design and technological features to safely assist LNG tankers, oil tankers and cargo vessels calling at the LNG, oil refinery and other dry cargo terminals in Pascagoula.
The tugs will be built entirely under cover at Trinity Offshore’s 60-acre facility in Gulfport. This sshipyard is shared with Trinity Yachts, LLC, an affiliated company with Trinity Offshore. Trinity Offshore owners and key personnel have a long history in building state-of-the-art tugs, offshore vessels and patrol craft.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Trinity Offshore to build tugs”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Epidemiologist: State's hospitals can identify, isolate Ebola cases
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics