Bottorff replacing Duncan at TVA
After serving as chairman for a year, Tennessee Valley Authority board of directors chairman Mike Duncan asked the board April 16 to select a new chairman, citing his new duties as leader of a recently formed national political fund-raising organization.
The board voted unanimously to name director Dennis Bottorff of Nashville as TVA’s new chairman.
Duncan is a former chairman of the Republican National Committee and also is chairman and chief executive of Inez Deposit Bank in Inez, Ky.
Bottorff, who will take over as TVA chairman May 18, is chairman and partner of Council Ventures, a Nashville, Tenn.-based venture capital firm. He was chairman of AmSouth Bancorporation in Nashville until his retirement in 2001 and previously was chief executive officer of First American Bank.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Williams Brothers General Store is something to count on
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast