Bottorff replacing Duncan at TVA
After serving as chairman for a year, Tennessee Valley Authority board of directors chairman Mike Duncan asked the board April 16 to select a new chairman, citing his new duties as leader of a recently formed national political fund-raising organization.
The board voted unanimously to name director Dennis Bottorff of Nashville as TVA’s new chairman.
Duncan is a former chairman of the Republican National Committee and also is chairman and chief executive of Inez Deposit Bank in Inez, Ky.
Bottorff, who will take over as TVA chairman May 18, is chairman and partner of Council Ventures, a Nashville, Tenn.-based venture capital firm. He was chairman of AmSouth Bancorporation in Nashville until his retirement in 2001 and previously was chief executive officer of First American Bank.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Finding your flexible space — Regus banks on high demand for customizable work spaces
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways
- Miss. children's hospital plans $150 million expansion
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs