Bottorff replacing Duncan at TVA
After serving as chairman for a year, Tennessee Valley Authority board of directors chairman Mike Duncan asked the board April 16 to select a new chairman, citing his new duties as leader of a recently formed national political fund-raising organization.
The board voted unanimously to name director Dennis Bottorff of Nashville as TVA’s new chairman.
Duncan is a former chairman of the Republican National Committee and also is chairman and chief executive of Inez Deposit Bank in Inez, Ky.
Bottorff, who will take over as TVA chairman May 18, is chairman and partner of Council Ventures, a Nashville, Tenn.-based venture capital firm. He was chairman of AmSouth Bancorporation in Nashville until his retirement in 2001 and previously was chief executive officer of First American Bank.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- TODD SMITH — Taco Bell and McDonalds take breakfast war viral; how to write killer news releases and more
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data