Bottorff replacing Duncan at TVA
After serving as chairman for a year, Tennessee Valley Authority board of directors chairman Mike Duncan asked the board April 16 to select a new chairman, citing his new duties as leader of a recently formed national political fund-raising organization.
The board voted unanimously to name director Dennis Bottorff of Nashville as TVA’s new chairman.
Duncan is a former chairman of the Republican National Committee and also is chairman and chief executive of Inez Deposit Bank in Inez, Ky.
Bottorff, who will take over as TVA chairman May 18, is chairman and partner of Council Ventures, a Nashville, Tenn.-based venture capital firm. He was chairman of AmSouth Bancorporation in Nashville until his retirement in 2001 and previously was chief executive officer of First American Bank.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015