Bottorff replacing Duncan at TVA
After serving as chairman for a year, Tennessee Valley Authority board of directors chairman Mike Duncan asked the board April 16 to select a new chairman, citing his new duties as leader of a recently formed national political fund-raising organization.
The board voted unanimously to name director Dennis Bottorff of Nashville as TVA’s new chairman.
Duncan is a former chairman of the Republican National Committee and also is chairman and chief executive of Inez Deposit Bank in Inez, Ky.
Bottorff, who will take over as TVA chairman May 18, is chairman and partner of Council Ventures, a Nashville, Tenn.-based venture capital firm. He was chairman of AmSouth Bancorporation in Nashville until his retirement in 2001 and previously was chief executive officer of First American Bank.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- Severstal completes the sale of Columbus plant to Steel Dynamics
- Another marker going up on Mississippi Country Music Trail
- Researchers fly drone into hurricane for the first time
- House votes for transfer of Yellow Creek Port land to state