Buffum elected to national board
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 2,2010
Mississippi State University’s director of procurement and contracts is a new member of the National Institute of Governmental Purchasing board of directors. Don Buffum recently was elected to represent members in Mississippi, Alabama, Arkansas Louisiana, and Tennessee.
Prior to joining MSU in 2007, Buffum was purchasing director for the State of Mississippi. A University of Washington graduate, he received a master’s degree in business administration from Mississippi College and holds public purchasing officer accreditation with the Universal Public Purchasing Certification Council.
Buffum’s career includes a number of honors, among them the Roy Saye Award as the state’s most outstanding public purchasing official and the Guilio Mazzone Distinguished Service Award, highest honor of the National Association of State Procurement Officials.
He is an active member of several other professional organizations, including the National Association of State Purchasing Officials and Mississippi Association of Governmental Purchasing and Property Agents.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years