Buffum elected to national board
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 2,2010
Mississippi State University’s director of procurement and contracts is a new member of the National Institute of Governmental Purchasing board of directors. Don Buffum recently was elected to represent members in Mississippi, Alabama, Arkansas Louisiana, and Tennessee.
Prior to joining MSU in 2007, Buffum was purchasing director for the State of Mississippi. A University of Washington graduate, he received a master’s degree in business administration from Mississippi College and holds public purchasing officer accreditation with the Universal Public Purchasing Certification Council.
Buffum’s career includes a number of honors, among them the Roy Saye Award as the state’s most outstanding public purchasing official and the Guilio Mazzone Distinguished Service Award, highest honor of the National Association of State Procurement Officials.
He is an active member of several other professional organizations, including the National Association of State Purchasing Officials and Mississippi Association of Governmental Purchasing and Property Agents.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- City trying to determine who has authority to spend gaming money
- More school districts join MAEP lawsuit brought by Musgrove