Buffum elected to national board
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 2,2010
Mississippi State University’s director of procurement and contracts is a new member of the National Institute of Governmental Purchasing board of directors. Don Buffum recently was elected to represent members in Mississippi, Alabama, Arkansas Louisiana, and Tennessee.
Prior to joining MSU in 2007, Buffum was purchasing director for the State of Mississippi. A University of Washington graduate, he received a master’s degree in business administration from Mississippi College and holds public purchasing officer accreditation with the Universal Public Purchasing Certification Council.
Buffum’s career includes a number of honors, among them the Roy Saye Award as the state’s most outstanding public purchasing official and the Guilio Mazzone Distinguished Service Award, highest honor of the National Association of State Procurement Officials.
He is an active member of several other professional organizations, including the National Association of State Purchasing Officials and Mississippi Association of Governmental Purchasing and Property Agents.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency