Buffum elected to national board
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 2,2010
Mississippi State University’s director of procurement and contracts is a new member of the National Institute of Governmental Purchasing board of directors. Don Buffum recently was elected to represent members in Mississippi, Alabama, Arkansas Louisiana, and Tennessee.
Prior to joining MSU in 2007, Buffum was purchasing director for the State of Mississippi. A University of Washington graduate, he received a master’s degree in business administration from Mississippi College and holds public purchasing officer accreditation with the Universal Public Purchasing Certification Council.
Buffum’s career includes a number of honors, among them the Roy Saye Award as the state’s most outstanding public purchasing official and the Guilio Mazzone Distinguished Service Award, highest honor of the National Association of State Procurement Officials.
He is an active member of several other professional organizations, including the National Association of State Purchasing Officials and Mississippi Association of Governmental Purchasing and Property Agents.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- Man charged in noose left on integration statue at Ole Miss