Clinic adds two to staff
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 2,2010
Memorial Physician Clinics welcomes Benjamin Makamson, D.O., in the practice of vascular surgery. As a vascular surgeon, Makamson specializes in surgery in which diseases of the vascular system, or arteries and varicose veins, are managed by medical therapy, minimally invasive catheter procedures and surgical reconstruction.
Makamson is a graduate of Mississippi State University and the University of Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine in Kansas City, Mo. He completed his internship and residency at Des Peres Hospital, St. Louis, Mo. He was fellowship trained in general vascular surgery at the University of Missouri Hospital and Clinics in Columbia, Mo.
Makamson is in practice with Dr. Alton Dauterive and Dr. Joseph Graham, Memorial Physician Clinics, Gulfport.
Memorial Physician Clinics also welcomes Jay Thomas Segarra, M.D., in the practice of pulmonary diseases. Segarra graduated from Harvard University and the Boston University Medical School. He completed his internship in internal medicine at Keesler Medical Center. Segarra completed his residency in Internal Medicine and was fellowship trained in pulmonary disease and critical care at Wilford Hall Medical Center, Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio, Texas.
Segarra is board certified in pulmonary diseases, critical care and internal medicine.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Clinic adds two to staff”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- Senators push for protecting steel producers from imported rebar
- SouthGroup Insurance named to 'Best Practices' study