College makes personnel changes
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 2,2010
The College of Agriculture and Life Sciences at Mississippi State University is making several changes as personnel are shifted to take best advantage of their strengths. Melissa Mixon, associate vice president of MSU’s Division of Agriculture, Forestry and Veterinary Medicine, remains the interim dean of the college, known as CALS. The duties of four people are being changed within the college.
Gary Jackson, former director of the School of Human Sciences within CALS, will serve in the capacity of interim associate provost for academic affairs for MSU. Walter Taylor, former assistant CALS dean and professor in the School of Human Sciences, will assume the role of interim director of this school in addition to his assistant dean responsibilities.
Jackson also served as interim state program leader for the Extension Service’s Family and Consumer Sciences division. This interim position will be filled by Paula Threadgill, an associate Extension professor in the School of Human Sciences.
Peter Ryan, a professor of animal and dairy sciences in CALS, will move into the MSU provost’s office where he will serve as interim associate provost for academic affairs.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Mike Morgan has calmness of mind