College makes personnel changes
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 2,2010
The College of Agriculture and Life Sciences at Mississippi State University is making several changes as personnel are shifted to take best advantage of their strengths. Melissa Mixon, associate vice president of MSU’s Division of Agriculture, Forestry and Veterinary Medicine, remains the interim dean of the college, known as CALS. The duties of four people are being changed within the college.
Gary Jackson, former director of the School of Human Sciences within CALS, will serve in the capacity of interim associate provost for academic affairs for MSU. Walter Taylor, former assistant CALS dean and professor in the School of Human Sciences, will assume the role of interim director of this school in addition to his assistant dean responsibilities.
Jackson also served as interim state program leader for the Extension Service’s Family and Consumer Sciences division. This interim position will be filled by Paula Threadgill, an associate Extension professor in the School of Human Sciences.
Peter Ryan, a professor of animal and dairy sciences in CALS, will move into the MSU provost’s office where he will serve as interim associate provost for academic affairs.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Fair cabins becoming more valuable, sources say
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet