College makes personnel changes
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 2,2010
The College of Agriculture and Life Sciences at Mississippi State University is making several changes as personnel are shifted to take best advantage of their strengths. Melissa Mixon, associate vice president of MSU’s Division of Agriculture, Forestry and Veterinary Medicine, remains the interim dean of the college, known as CALS. The duties of four people are being changed within the college.
Gary Jackson, former director of the School of Human Sciences within CALS, will serve in the capacity of interim associate provost for academic affairs for MSU. Walter Taylor, former assistant CALS dean and professor in the School of Human Sciences, will assume the role of interim director of this school in addition to his assistant dean responsibilities.
Jackson also served as interim state program leader for the Extension Service’s Family and Consumer Sciences division. This interim position will be filled by Paula Threadgill, an associate Extension professor in the School of Human Sciences.
Peter Ryan, a professor of animal and dairy sciences in CALS, will move into the MSU provost’s office where he will serve as interim associate provost for academic affairs.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- Judicial candidates put on ballot after rejection of challenges
- Judge expected to rule today on McDaniel's challenge of loss to Cochran
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'