Keeping Our Eye On: Chad Vaughn
Published: May 2,2010
Education: B.S. in HVACR engineering technology, Ferris State University
Current Position: Vice president, The Service Company of Mississippi LLC
At only 31 years old, Chad Vaughn has already put in 19 years of work in the mechanical contracting industry. Summer employment at the age of 12 in his father’s business, The Service Company of Mississippi LLC, has led to nearly two decades of work experience ranging from steamy crawlspaces in Meridian to the “frozen tundra” of Lambeau Field, home of the NFL’s Green Bay Packers.
“After deciding to pursue an education in heating/ventilation/air conditioning engineering, I committed myself to building skills that I would one day bring to my family’s business,” Vaughn said.
A cop-op with Johnson Controls, a sales engineering job with Carrier Corporation and a commissioning engineer position with Smith Seckman Reid Inc. helped prepare Vaughn for his most challenging, and rewarding, career move – vice president of The Service Company of Mississippi.
But, returning to Meridian has been about more than just business. Vaughn makes serving the community a top priority so that he and his wife, Sela, are creating the best environment possible for their daughter, Jillian. He is happy to raise his family surrounded by the familiar faces and places of his hometown.
“Life has come full circle,” he said.
Must-have Mississippi food: Corn and crab bisque, Crescent City Grill
Favorite Hangout: At home playing with my wife & two-year-old daughter
Favorite TV Show: “Criminal Minds”
Favorite Movie: “Good Will Hunting”
Favorite Band: U2
Last book read: “Velvet Elvis” by Rob Bell
Best role models: My mother and father are my foundation as person, parent and employer
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Keeping Our Eye On: Chad Vaughn”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation