Three candidates vying for USM post
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 2,2010
The search committee for the vice president of the University of Southern Mississippi Gulf Coast position has narrowed the field of candidates to three finalists, including Dr. Betsy Vogel-Boze; Dr. Frances Lucas and Dr. Andrew Rogerson.
The vice president for Southern Miss Gulf Coast position replaces the associate provost for Southern Miss Gulf Coast post, currently held by Dr. Pat Joachim whose retirement from the university is effective June 30. The vice president for Southern Miss Gulf Coast is CEO for the university’s Gulf Coast operations and reports directly to Southern Miss president Martha Saunders.
Boze, who is currently senior fellow for the American Association of State Colleges and Universities, is a marketing professor at Kent State University at Stark, Ohio. She previously served as the university’s campus dean and CEO.
Lucas, selected as the first female president for Millsaps College, previously worked in administrative positions at Emory University, Baldwin-Wallace College and Mississippi State University.
Rogerson currently serves as professor of biology and dean for the College of Science and Mathematics at California State University in Fresno.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Secretary of State's Office transitioning to new location