Three candidates vying for USM post
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 2,2010
The search committee for the vice president of the University of Southern Mississippi Gulf Coast position has narrowed the field of candidates to three finalists, including Dr. Betsy Vogel-Boze; Dr. Frances Lucas and Dr. Andrew Rogerson.
The vice president for Southern Miss Gulf Coast position replaces the associate provost for Southern Miss Gulf Coast post, currently held by Dr. Pat Joachim whose retirement from the university is effective June 30. The vice president for Southern Miss Gulf Coast is CEO for the university’s Gulf Coast operations and reports directly to Southern Miss president Martha Saunders.
Boze, who is currently senior fellow for the American Association of State Colleges and Universities, is a marketing professor at Kent State University at Stark, Ohio. She previously served as the university’s campus dean and CEO.
Lucas, selected as the first female president for Millsaps College, previously worked in administrative positions at Emory University, Baldwin-Wallace College and Mississippi State University.
Rogerson currently serves as professor of biology and dean for the College of Science and Mathematics at California State University in Fresno.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House