Three candidates vying for USM post
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 2,2010
The search committee for the vice president of the University of Southern Mississippi Gulf Coast position has narrowed the field of candidates to three finalists, including Dr. Betsy Vogel-Boze; Dr. Frances Lucas and Dr. Andrew Rogerson.
The vice president for Southern Miss Gulf Coast position replaces the associate provost for Southern Miss Gulf Coast post, currently held by Dr. Pat Joachim whose retirement from the university is effective June 30. The vice president for Southern Miss Gulf Coast is CEO for the university’s Gulf Coast operations and reports directly to Southern Miss president Martha Saunders.
Boze, who is currently senior fellow for the American Association of State Colleges and Universities, is a marketing professor at Kent State University at Stark, Ohio. She previously served as the university’s campus dean and CEO.
Lucas, selected as the first female president for Millsaps College, previously worked in administrative positions at Emory University, Baldwin-Wallace College and Mississippi State University.
Rogerson currently serves as professor of biology and dean for the College of Science and Mathematics at California State University in Fresno.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits