Food bank opens new endowment fund
JACKSON — The Mississippi Food Network, Mississippi’s only food bank, has opened an endowment fund at the Community Foundation of Greater Jackson.
Doug Boone, President and CEO of the Community Foundation, said, “We’re delighted to welcome the Mississippi Food Network as our newest Nonprofit Partner. Establishing an endowment fund shows that the organization is committed to ensuring that its work to relieve poverty-related hunger in our state continues for the long term.”
Mississippi Food Network executive director Walker Satterwhite said, “We are excited about what partnering with the Foundation means in offering new giving opportunities to our supporters and in providing long-term operating funds for our organization.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute