Food bank opens new endowment fund
JACKSON — The Mississippi Food Network, Mississippi’s only food bank, has opened an endowment fund at the Community Foundation of Greater Jackson.
Doug Boone, President and CEO of the Community Foundation, said, “We’re delighted to welcome the Mississippi Food Network as our newest Nonprofit Partner. Establishing an endowment fund shows that the organization is committed to ensuring that its work to relieve poverty-related hunger in our state continues for the long term.”
Mississippi Food Network executive director Walker Satterwhite said, “We are excited about what partnering with the Foundation means in offering new giving opportunities to our supporters and in providing long-term operating funds for our organization.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”