Food bank opens new endowment fund
JACKSON — The Mississippi Food Network, Mississippi’s only food bank, has opened an endowment fund at the Community Foundation of Greater Jackson.
Doug Boone, President and CEO of the Community Foundation, said, “We’re delighted to welcome the Mississippi Food Network as our newest Nonprofit Partner. Establishing an endowment fund shows that the organization is committed to ensuring that its work to relieve poverty-related hunger in our state continues for the long term.”
Mississippi Food Network executive director Walker Satterwhite said, “We are excited about what partnering with the Foundation means in offering new giving opportunities to our supporters and in providing long-term operating funds for our organization.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- Bill would open hospital meetings, expand records access
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports
- Investors in Northbrook complex say Ridgeland targeting its own collateral for demolition
- (VIDEO) ALAN TURNER: Wilson says he’s ready for elected office