Food bank opens new endowment fund
JACKSON — The Mississippi Food Network, Mississippi’s only food bank, has opened an endowment fund at the Community Foundation of Greater Jackson.
Doug Boone, President and CEO of the Community Foundation, said, “We’re delighted to welcome the Mississippi Food Network as our newest Nonprofit Partner. Establishing an endowment fund shows that the organization is committed to ensuring that its work to relieve poverty-related hunger in our state continues for the long term.”
Mississippi Food Network executive director Walker Satterwhite said, “We are excited about what partnering with the Foundation means in offering new giving opportunities to our supporters and in providing long-term operating funds for our organization.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- CSpire offering 1Phone 6, IPhone 6 Plus on Sept. 19
- Mississippi sounds coming to Americana Music Festival & Conference
- MBJ's Business Marketplace set for Sept. 19 at Mississippi's Trade Mart
- Owner of former hospital given deadline
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- State's corn crop could set new yield record