MEMA gives latest on weekend storm damage
NORTH MISSISSIPPI — Several counties continue to report damages to the Mississippi Emergency Management Agency from storms that lashed the state this weekend.
Additionally four deaths are now attributed to these storms. Benton County Emergency Management is reporting two fatalities and one in Lafayette County and one fatality in Union County.
The following counties are reporting damages to the State Emergency Operations Center in Pearl yesterday:
• Benton: Eleven homes and mobile homes destroyed, six with major damage and 23 reporting minor damage; four injuries.
• Lafayette: Two homes and mobile homes destroyed, one with major damage and 10 mobile homes with minor damage.
• Lee: Tress down throughout the county.
• Marshall: Twenty-one homes and mobile homes with minor damage; 10 roads with major damage.
• Tippah: Homes and buildings damaged; trees and power lines down; local roads impassable due to flooding.
• Tunica: Flooding; power outages.
• Union: Several homes uninhabitable.
• Webster: Roads closed and one injury.
MEMA personnel and the Mobile Operations Command Center have been deployed to assist with the response in Benton County. Four pallets of tarps are en route from the MEMA warehouse in Pearl to Benton County and one pallet is headed to Lafayette County.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal