Power plant to shut down in Greenwood
Published: May 5,2010
GREENWOOD — The city of Greenwood is shutting down the Wright Generating Station on July 1.
Greenwood Utilities officials say all the jobs at the plant will be eliminated. The Greenwood Commonwealth says the number of workers at the plant was not immediately known.
Workers were informed by letter on Friday.
The letter, from Bobby Bennett, senior vice president of generation, says the Wright Generating Station "will be placed in Cold-Stand-by mode" as of July 1 and all the positions there will be eliminated.
The Henderson Station plant will continue to provide power.
Greenwood Utilities is a publicly owned utility that provides electricity and water to Greenwood.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- Man charged in noose left on integration statue at Ole Miss