Power plant to shut down in Greenwood
Published: May 5,2010
GREENWOOD — The city of Greenwood is shutting down the Wright Generating Station on July 1.
Greenwood Utilities officials say all the jobs at the plant will be eliminated. The Greenwood Commonwealth says the number of workers at the plant was not immediately known.
Workers were informed by letter on Friday.
The letter, from Bobby Bennett, senior vice president of generation, says the Wright Generating Station "will be placed in Cold-Stand-by mode" as of July 1 and all the positions there will be eliminated.
The Henderson Station plant will continue to provide power.
Greenwood Utilities is a publicly owned utility that provides electricity and water to Greenwood.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Gulf oil and gas leases to go up for sale in March
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- NCCI petitioning for workers' comp rate decrease
- Airport gets grant to support seasonal service from Sun Country
- Student body presidents pushing for on-time graduation