West Point plant awarded $191M in new contracts
Published: May 5,2010
WEST POINT – West Point’s Navistar plant has been awarded $191 million in contracts to provide new medium tactical vehicles and enhancements to its mine resistant ambush protected vehicles in use in Afghanistan.
The contracts encompass two separate orders to begin delivery in October.
One contract, $103 million from the Marine Corps, is for enhancement packages for the 1,222 Mine Resistant Ambush Protected (MRAP) MaxxPro Dash vehicles currently in use in Afghanistan.
The other award, $89 million from the Army, extends a current contract for medium tactical trucks by 629 units. The trucks vary in use from troop transports to water tankers to wreckers to fuel trucks.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “West Point plant awarded $191M in new contracts”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- State's jobless rate remains highest in U.S.
- Former DMR manager pleads guilty to embezzlement
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- GOLF ranks state's courses; Fallen Oaks, Dancing Rabbit make top 100
- Court ruling on Section 42 leaves taxpayers on hook for tax repayments
- Wisconsin man pleads guilty to illegal wildlife trapping