West Point plant awarded $191M in new contracts
Published: May 5,2010
WEST POINT – West Point’s Navistar plant has been awarded $191 million in contracts to provide new medium tactical vehicles and enhancements to its mine resistant ambush protected vehicles in use in Afghanistan.
The contracts encompass two separate orders to begin delivery in October.
One contract, $103 million from the Marine Corps, is for enhancement packages for the 1,222 Mine Resistant Ambush Protected (MRAP) MaxxPro Dash vehicles currently in use in Afghanistan.
The other award, $89 million from the Army, extends a current contract for medium tactical trucks by 629 units. The trucks vary in use from troop transports to water tankers to wreckers to fuel trucks.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “West Point plant awarded $191M in new contracts”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers