West Point plant awarded $191M in new contracts
by Associated Press
Published: May 5,2010
WEST POINT – West Point’s Navistar plant has been awarded $191 million in contracts to provide new medium tactical vehicles and enhancements to its mine resistant ambush protected vehicles in use in Afghanistan.
The contracts encompass two separate orders to begin delivery in October.
One contract, $103 million from the Marine Corps, is for enhancement packages for the 1,222 Mine Resistant Ambush Protected (MRAP) MaxxPro Dash vehicles currently in use in Afghanistan.
The other award, $89 million from the Army, extends a current contract for medium tactical trucks by 629 units. The trucks vary in use from troop transports to water tankers to wreckers to fuel trucks.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “West Point plant awarded $191M in new contracts”
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- State of Louisiana mulling plan for Amtrak route
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term