West Point plant awarded $191M in new contracts
by Associated Press
Published: May 5,2010
WEST POINT – West Point’s Navistar plant has been awarded $191 million in contracts to provide new medium tactical vehicles and enhancements to its mine resistant ambush protected vehicles in use in Afghanistan.
The contracts encompass two separate orders to begin delivery in October.
One contract, $103 million from the Marine Corps, is for enhancement packages for the 1,222 Mine Resistant Ambush Protected (MRAP) MaxxPro Dash vehicles currently in use in Afghanistan.
The other award, $89 million from the Army, extends a current contract for medium tactical trucks by 629 units. The trucks vary in use from troop transports to water tankers to wreckers to fuel trucks.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “West Point plant awarded $191M in new contracts”
Top Posts & Pages
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county