West Point plant awarded $191M in new contracts
Published: May 5,2010
WEST POINT – West Point’s Navistar plant has been awarded $191 million in contracts to provide new medium tactical vehicles and enhancements to its mine resistant ambush protected vehicles in use in Afghanistan.
The contracts encompass two separate orders to begin delivery in October.
One contract, $103 million from the Marine Corps, is for enhancement packages for the 1,222 Mine Resistant Ambush Protected (MRAP) MaxxPro Dash vehicles currently in use in Afghanistan.
The other award, $89 million from the Army, extends a current contract for medium tactical trucks by 629 units. The trucks vary in use from troop transports to water tankers to wreckers to fuel trucks.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “West Point plant awarded $191M in new contracts”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Gulf oil and gas leases to go up for sale in March
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- Airport gets grant to support seasonal service from Sun Country
- State officials identify first flu case this season
- STAYING POSITIVE — Career attitude help Brynn Joachim to fight disease at 41