AirTran flies into Delta city
TUNICA — AirTran Airways has launched nonstop service from Tunica Airport in Tunica to Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.
“Atlanta residents will now have convenient access to Tunica and see all it has to offer,” said Matt Klein, director of pricing and distribution planning for AirTran Airways. “We pride ourselves on low costs and quality service, and we are confident that the residents of northern Mississippi and those travelling to Tunica will too.”
To celebrate the inaugural flight, the airline hosted an event at the airport featuring local dignitaries and a donation to the local branch of the American Cancer Society’s Hope Lodge.
“We are very pleased to be able to help facilitate AirTran’s direct air service between Tunica and Atlanta making both destinations quick and inexpensive getaway options. We are especially excited to welcome our customers in the Southeast who will now find it much more convenient to visit Tunica and Harrah’s, Horseshoe, and Tunica Roadhouse casinos and hotels,” said R. Scott Barber, regional president, Harrah’s Entertainment.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again