AirTran flies into Delta city
TUNICA — AirTran Airways has launched nonstop service from Tunica Airport in Tunica to Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.
“Atlanta residents will now have convenient access to Tunica and see all it has to offer,” said Matt Klein, director of pricing and distribution planning for AirTran Airways. “We pride ourselves on low costs and quality service, and we are confident that the residents of northern Mississippi and those travelling to Tunica will too.”
To celebrate the inaugural flight, the airline hosted an event at the airport featuring local dignitaries and a donation to the local branch of the American Cancer Society’s Hope Lodge.
“We are very pleased to be able to help facilitate AirTran’s direct air service between Tunica and Atlanta making both destinations quick and inexpensive getaway options. We are especially excited to welcome our customers in the Southeast who will now find it much more convenient to visit Tunica and Harrah’s, Horseshoe, and Tunica Roadhouse casinos and hotels,” said R. Scott Barber, regional president, Harrah’s Entertainment.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody