AirTran flies into Delta city
TUNICA — AirTran Airways has launched nonstop service from Tunica Airport in Tunica to Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.
“Atlanta residents will now have convenient access to Tunica and see all it has to offer,” said Matt Klein, director of pricing and distribution planning for AirTran Airways. “We pride ourselves on low costs and quality service, and we are confident that the residents of northern Mississippi and those travelling to Tunica will too.”
To celebrate the inaugural flight, the airline hosted an event at the airport featuring local dignitaries and a donation to the local branch of the American Cancer Society’s Hope Lodge.
“We are very pleased to be able to help facilitate AirTran’s direct air service between Tunica and Atlanta making both destinations quick and inexpensive getaway options. We are especially excited to welcome our customers in the Southeast who will now find it much more convenient to visit Tunica and Harrah’s, Horseshoe, and Tunica Roadhouse casinos and hotels,” said R. Scott Barber, regional president, Harrah’s Entertainment.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Deepwater Horizon Five Years Later — Restoring the Mississippi coast starts with a strong foundation
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- Chancery Court’s interpretation of ‘public use’ will guide ruling on Westin money
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey