AirTran flies into Delta city
TUNICA — AirTran Airways has launched nonstop service from Tunica Airport in Tunica to Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.
“Atlanta residents will now have convenient access to Tunica and see all it has to offer,” said Matt Klein, director of pricing and distribution planning for AirTran Airways. “We pride ourselves on low costs and quality service, and we are confident that the residents of northern Mississippi and those travelling to Tunica will too.”
To celebrate the inaugural flight, the airline hosted an event at the airport featuring local dignitaries and a donation to the local branch of the American Cancer Society’s Hope Lodge.
“We are very pleased to be able to help facilitate AirTran’s direct air service between Tunica and Atlanta making both destinations quick and inexpensive getaway options. We are especially excited to welcome our customers in the Southeast who will now find it much more convenient to visit Tunica and Harrah’s, Horseshoe, and Tunica Roadhouse casinos and hotels,” said R. Scott Barber, regional president, Harrah’s Entertainment.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win