Burnham confirmed as state superintendent
The Mississippi Senate has unanimously confirmed Tom Burnham for his second stint as state superintendent of education.
The Puckett native has held the $307,000-a-year job since January, and confirmation was a formality.
Burnham is a former superintendent of Biloxi schools and served as state superintendent in Mississippi from 1992-1997.
He was superintendent of Henderson County schools in North Carolina and executive director of the Gulf Coast Education Initiative Consortium in Mississippi.
Burnham became dean of the School of Education at the University of Mississippi in 2004 and was hired again as state superintendent in November.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- Gov. Bryant sets special election date for Senate District 17
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- Mississippi sounds coming to Americana Music Festival & Conference
- City trying to determine who has authority to spend gaming money