Burnham confirmed as state superintendent
The Mississippi Senate has unanimously confirmed Tom Burnham for his second stint as state superintendent of education.
The Puckett native has held the $307,000-a-year job since January, and confirmation was a formality.
Burnham is a former superintendent of Biloxi schools and served as state superintendent in Mississippi from 1992-1997.
He was superintendent of Henderson County schools in North Carolina and executive director of the Gulf Coast Education Initiative Consortium in Mississippi.
Burnham became dean of the School of Education at the University of Mississippi in 2004 and was hired again as state superintendent in November.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters