Burnham confirmed as state superintendent
The Mississippi Senate has unanimously confirmed Tom Burnham for his second stint as state superintendent of education.
The Puckett native has held the $307,000-a-year job since January, and confirmation was a formality.
Burnham is a former superintendent of Biloxi schools and served as state superintendent in Mississippi from 1992-1997.
He was superintendent of Henderson County schools in North Carolina and executive director of the Gulf Coast Education Initiative Consortium in Mississippi.
Burnham became dean of the School of Education at the University of Mississippi in 2004 and was hired again as state superintendent in November.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Bill would use casino taxes for bridges, little for tourism
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Statue depicts famous duel that originated 'Bowie knife'