Callon adds new team members
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 9,2010
Callon Petroleum Company has announced several employees have joined the company to assist it in enhancing and implementing its new technical and financial objectives. Gary Newberry is now vice president, production and development. He is a graduate of Marietta College with a bachelor’s degree in petroleum engineering. Newberry joined Callon at the first of the month after 33 years with Marathon Oil Company. As an inducement for employment, his compensation package included 50,000 shares of restricted stock that will vest Jan. 1, 2011, assuming continued employment.
Gregory Hepguler was named senior reservoir engineer. He holds a master of science degree in engineering from the University of Tulsa and, in his most recent assignment with Southwestern Energy Company, worked on Fayetteville, Ark., shale gas fields in the Arkoma Basin. He will be responsible for working with geologists and providing predictive models for reserve reporting in the Wolfberry oil and Haynesville shale gas plays.
April Coker is development geologist. She has a master of science degree in geology from the University of Texas of the Permian Basin where she was awarded a Permian Basin Geophysical Society scholarship. She will be involved in Wolfberry field development planning and implementation.
John Becher is now senior explorationist. With a bachelor of science degree from Northern Arizona University, Becher will be responsible for assessment of new venture unconventional shale gas opportunities and will work with company engineers to provide accurate reserve estimates.
John Beddo has been named drilling and production superintendent. He has a degree in production engineering from Oklahoma Baptist University. During his 18 years of experience in the industry, Beddo has gained extensive knowledge from numerous oil and gas well completions in the Permian Basin, the Wolfberry Trend and the Haynesville Shale requiring both conventional and non-conventional completion methods.
Eric Williams is the new manager, financial reporting. He is a CPA with a master of science degree in accounting from the University of Alabama. He will be in charge of managing external and internal financial auditing and reporting functions and preparing financial documents filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Callon adds new team members”
Top Posts & Pages
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Investigators find massive Ag Museum fire was an accident
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- UM Chancellor Jones: Lymphoma treatment going well
- Court hits David Watkins with $600,000 order over Retro Metro issues