Callon adds new team members
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 9,2010
Callon Petroleum Company has announced several employees have joined the company to assist it in enhancing and implementing its new technical and financial objectives. Gary Newberry is now vice president, production and development. He is a graduate of Marietta College with a bachelor’s degree in petroleum engineering. Newberry joined Callon at the first of the month after 33 years with Marathon Oil Company. As an inducement for employment, his compensation package included 50,000 shares of restricted stock that will vest Jan. 1, 2011, assuming continued employment.
Gregory Hepguler was named senior reservoir engineer. He holds a master of science degree in engineering from the University of Tulsa and, in his most recent assignment with Southwestern Energy Company, worked on Fayetteville, Ark., shale gas fields in the Arkoma Basin. He will be responsible for working with geologists and providing predictive models for reserve reporting in the Wolfberry oil and Haynesville shale gas plays.
April Coker is development geologist. She has a master of science degree in geology from the University of Texas of the Permian Basin where she was awarded a Permian Basin Geophysical Society scholarship. She will be involved in Wolfberry field development planning and implementation.
John Becher is now senior explorationist. With a bachelor of science degree from Northern Arizona University, Becher will be responsible for assessment of new venture unconventional shale gas opportunities and will work with company engineers to provide accurate reserve estimates.
John Beddo has been named drilling and production superintendent. He has a degree in production engineering from Oklahoma Baptist University. During his 18 years of experience in the industry, Beddo has gained extensive knowledge from numerous oil and gas well completions in the Permian Basin, the Wolfberry Trend and the Haynesville Shale requiring both conventional and non-conventional completion methods.
Eric Williams is the new manager, financial reporting. He is a CPA with a master of science degree in accounting from the University of Alabama. He will be in charge of managing external and internal financial auditing and reporting functions and preparing financial documents filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Callon adds new team members”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino