Hashmi earns geriatric certification
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 9,2010
Raza U. Hashmi, M.D., a Hattiesburg Clinic hospitalist, recently received board certification in geriatric medicine from the American Board of Internal Medicine.
Hashmi received his medical degree from King Edward Medical College in Lahore, Pakistan. He completed an internship and residency at Weiss Memorial Hospital, the University of Chicago, in Chicago. Hashmi completed fellowships in geriatric medicine and advanced geriatric medicine at the University of Illinois at Chicago.
He also holds board certification in internal medicine from the ABIM.
Hashmi is affiliated with the Society of Hospital Medicine, American Medical Association, American Geriatrics Society, American College of Physicians and Mississippi Medical Association.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Senate election ballot approved as McDaniel's challenge continues
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Judge moves McDaniel's lawsuit challenging loss to Cochran
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Inspectors find 'hot work' was cause of fatal explosion at fish plant
- Ground broken for new Hattiesburg Clinic facility