Norman named chief of Contracting Office
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 9,2010
Wendell Norman has been named as chief of the Contracting Office at the U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC) in Vicksburg. Norman began his contracting career at the Memphis District of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers in 1992 as an intern. While there, he worked his way up to deputy district chief of contracting and team leader for the Construction/A-E Contracts Branch.
He joined the ERDC Contracting Office in 2009, where he served as lead contracting specialist, as a team leader supporting multiple labs within the ERDC and as a contracting officer. He also served as acting chief prior to officially being named to the position.
Norman has a DAWIA Level III certification in contracting and a Level I certification in program management. He has experience with emergency deployment, having served in a variety of areas including Puerto Rico, Guam and, following hurricanes Katrina and Rita, in Louisiana; he was honored with three Achievement Medals for Civilian Service for his efforts. He is also a past recipient of the Memphis District Commander’s Award for Civilian Service.
Norman has a bachelor’s and a master’s of business administration from the University of Memphis. He and his wife, Tina, have two daughters: Jessica and Kaitlyn.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Norman named chief of Contracting Office”
Top Posts & Pages
- Longtime Biloxi mayor Holloway resigns
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Hattiesburg wastewater treatment system could cost $152M
- Events and Nominations