Orman wins William Carey honor
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 9,2010
Pamela Harvey Orman of Clinton received the William Carey University Circle of Excellence Award from the School of Business during Homecoming ceremonies held recently in Hattiesburg. Orman, a 1982 graduate of Carey with a degree in business administration, began her banking career with Citizens Bank of Hattiesburg, which is now Trustmark National Bank. She is vice president and chief privacy officer at Trustmark’s downtown Jackson location.
She completed the accounting certificate at Mississippi College in 1999 and obtained her CPA license in 2001.
Orman is a member of the Trustmark Community Involvement Team and volunteers with the United Way, the American Cancer Society and the American Heart Association. She is a member of the American Society of Women Accountants, where she served as vice president of education, chapter development chair, reservations chair and treasurer. She has served as president of Financial Women International and received the Woman of Excellence Award and several group scholarship awards.
Orman lives in Clinton with her husband, Charles.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Orman wins William Carey honor”
Top Posts & Pages
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- Starkville's Cotton Mill Marketplace hotel breaks ground Wednesday
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- BILL CRAWFORD: Keep schools free from preventable diseases
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?