Orman wins William Carey honor
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 9,2010
Pamela Harvey Orman of Clinton received the William Carey University Circle of Excellence Award from the School of Business during Homecoming ceremonies held recently in Hattiesburg. Orman, a 1982 graduate of Carey with a degree in business administration, began her banking career with Citizens Bank of Hattiesburg, which is now Trustmark National Bank. She is vice president and chief privacy officer at Trustmark’s downtown Jackson location.
She completed the accounting certificate at Mississippi College in 1999 and obtained her CPA license in 2001.
Orman is a member of the Trustmark Community Involvement Team and volunteers with the United Way, the American Cancer Society and the American Heart Association. She is a member of the American Society of Women Accountants, where she served as vice president of education, chapter development chair, reservations chair and treasurer. She has served as president of Financial Women International and received the Woman of Excellence Award and several group scholarship awards.
Orman lives in Clinton with her husband, Charles.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Orman wins William Carey honor”
Top Posts & Pages
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue