Williamson named year’s best trainer
Mike Williamson, ATC, PT, was recently presented the Clinical/Industrial/Corporate Athletic Trainer of the Year Award during the Southeast Athletic Trainers’ Association’s 2010 Tim Kerin Memorial Awards Luncheon and Hall of Fame Induction ceremony in Panama City Beach, Fla. Williamson received the award for his positive support and public representation of the athletic training profession through his position as director of sports medicine at Hattiesburg Clinic.
Supporting the 20 schools in the Pine Belt sponsored by the clinic’s athletic training program, specifically serving as a liaison between the athletic trainers and coaches to assist in getting injured student athletes in the clinic to see specialists, and coordinating coverage during events in the schools and community, are some of the responsibilities Williamson’s role as director of Sports Medicine entails.
Williamson has been an athletic trainer for 25 years and a physical therapist for 20 years. He has been with Hattiesburg Clinic for eight years.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’
- BILL CRAWFORD: Gunn steals tax cut spotlight
- Columbus-built Airbus gets FAA airworthiness approval
- Bill would make only 1 hospital follow open-meetings act
- Hattiesburg wastewater treatment system could cost $152M
- Olive Branch votes to issue $8 million in bonds