Williamson named year’s best trainer
Mike Williamson, ATC, PT, was recently presented the Clinical/Industrial/Corporate Athletic Trainer of the Year Award during the Southeast Athletic Trainers’ Association’s 2010 Tim Kerin Memorial Awards Luncheon and Hall of Fame Induction ceremony in Panama City Beach, Fla. Williamson received the award for his positive support and public representation of the athletic training profession through his position as director of sports medicine at Hattiesburg Clinic.
Supporting the 20 schools in the Pine Belt sponsored by the clinic’s athletic training program, specifically serving as a liaison between the athletic trainers and coaches to assist in getting injured student athletes in the clinic to see specialists, and coordinating coverage during events in the schools and community, are some of the responsibilities Williamson’s role as director of Sports Medicine entails.
Williamson has been an athletic trainer for 25 years and a physical therapist for 20 years. He has been with Hattiesburg Clinic for eight years.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Gov. Bryant intervening in same-sex couple's divorce
- Vicksburg mayor marries during lunch break
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- McDaniel files legal arguments as he looks to overturn Cochran loss
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner