New economic development organization approved
by Associated Press
Published: May 10,2010
Tags: economic development
NATCHEZ — Gov. Haley Barbour has signed a bill to dissolve the Natchez-Adams County Economic Development Authority, and make way for a new public-private marketing enterprise.
Board chairman Sue Stedman tells the Natchez Democrat that Natchez Inc., is set to be established June 1.
Stedman says the new agency is completing its bylaws, which reviewed for adoption by the Natchez Natchez Board of Aldermen and the Adams County Board of Supervisors.
The bill provides that Adams County will contribute up to $165,000 annually and the City of Natchez will contribute $100,000 annually. Another $115,000 will come from a private group of businesses.
Stedman said once bylaws are approved, Natchez Inc. will hire an executive director and make other plans.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years