New economic development organization approved
by Associated Press
Published: May 10,2010
Tags: economic development
NATCHEZ — Gov. Haley Barbour has signed a bill to dissolve the Natchez-Adams County Economic Development Authority, and make way for a new public-private marketing enterprise.
Board chairman Sue Stedman tells the Natchez Democrat that Natchez Inc., is set to be established June 1.
Stedman says the new agency is completing its bylaws, which reviewed for adoption by the Natchez Natchez Board of Aldermen and the Adams County Board of Supervisors.
The bill provides that Adams County will contribute up to $165,000 annually and the City of Natchez will contribute $100,000 annually. Another $115,000 will come from a private group of businesses.
Stedman said once bylaws are approved, Natchez Inc. will hire an executive director and make other plans.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- TROTTER: Social security claiming strategies
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta
- Nullification and interposition
- Brown would make history if confirmed as judge